Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi have anyone had any luck with these chipset? I am running an ECS Board with 1.8 celeron 1037u with NM70 express chipset. Its based on Ivy bridge and has HD2500 graphics when I run a HW info program. Any info would be a appreciated.

Thanks

I am glad to report at least partial success on install 10.9 on this motherboard config using unibeast and my copy of 10.9 from app store. I had the Intel HD 2500 graphics working during install but when I went to boot up first time after successful installation, I got pixilated graphics like a rainbow snowy screen upon boot. Booted into safe mode and now typing this message. So far working is Ethernet port and I will need to find a fully compatible kernel as I cannot boot without cpus=1. In the system info it identified as i7 with HD4000 graphics with 1024mb ram, which I think has something to do with the smbios of macmini6.1 I inputed. Also sound isn't support and will need to look up kext for that if available. It has a pci- express slot but looking to get the internal graphics working before I resort to install it as I would need a bigger case to be able to insert a graphics card. pretty impressed with it so far and hope i can get it to work completely eventually.

Hi,

Could you please confirm that the 1037U comes with HD2500 ?

I am buying the same board as you and I saw Intel only lists "Intel HD Graphics" for the 1037u, not "HD2500".

I would like to have HD2500 because it is now supported in mountain lion.

Thank you for your help

I am not a hundred percent sure but from HW Info program it says HD 2500 graphics and I did get the graphics to work but they are a bit buggy and unreliable, although it did pla youtube videos fine. I would get a graphics card for the pci express slot but of course can't use a slim case. Overall nice performance I did get both cores to work with voodootscsynckext here http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/voodootscsync/. Going to work on it more later. Runs 10.9 well so far but haven't gotten sound working yet. Haven't had time to mess with it. Wanting to get it to run in EFI mode so I can run it side by side with windows 8 without having to switch to Bios mode. I have attached a screenshot of the HWinfo page. Good luck.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-18-08-34-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-12-18-08-34-51.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 1,740
I have the same config (on my MSI wind box dc111) I will be watching this tread hope you manage install OSX with working everything!

Till now I did not find any information of full succsess probably because this config is new.

(and yes I have the same information that it is HD2500)

Hi I can't PM so I am posting here. its running the stock vanilla kernel with the voodootsc kext from link I posted. I haven't really messed with it since the holidays. I run windows 8 EFI and have been trying to get OSX to run along side it but still booting in bios mode. I haven't really done much in terms of graphics, I keep getting video corruption on the startup most of the time now and have to revert safe mode. I am thinking its a variant of HD2500 in a mobile version maybe its not fully compatible. Haven't messsed with DSDT so its without one. Pretty impressed with it none the less in a small form factor. I'll let you know if I make any more progress. I may just get another case and put in a pci express compatible graphics. Let me know if you make any progress as well.

Thanks

Hi,

I use the same motherboard, but how can you enable both core with the voodootscsync.kext, I try install it but with the cpus=1 and the voodootscsync.kext, it is still 1 core 1 thread enabled. Would you mind telling me what is the smbios.plist and the voodootscsync.kext modiied (if any) that you are using? And what bios settings that you use to enable the second core in osx ?
thanks a lot~

Been away so didn't see your post until now. You need to leave off the cpus=1 you don't need it when the kext installed. Have you gotten the HD2500 on board graphics to work?

Been away so didn't see your post until now. You need to leave off the cpus=1 you don't need it when the kext installed. Have you gotten the HD2500 on board graphics to work?

The on-board HD 2500 is not working. It boot without QE/CI. If you leave the cpus=1 boot flags, the dmegs log show two cpu cores, but in fact checking with the activity monitor, only 1 cpu core is active and another core is inactive all the time. Have you notice that?

Hi , still don't have any posts to pm so I'll answer here. To get it to boot you either have to install the voodootsxsync.kext found herehttp://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/voodootscsync/ into your unibeast thumb drive or installation drive. Without it you need to boot with -cpus=1 to get it to boot first time then add the kext above then you can boot with that string. Also if its graphics problem booting with -x helps to get past graphical problems.

I still can not get it to boot with graphics enabled fully only partially. I read through all the threads trying to get it enabled fully but without much luck, external graphics are probably needed.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...-hd2500-full-resolution-qe-ci-10-8-3-a-3.html

Good luck, let me know if you make any progress on the graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back