Contribute
Register

[Easy Guide] ML: UEFI HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
restarted and still have no HDMI options in the sound output options. attached is my ioreg. any ideas?
Lots of ideas; no answers. Your profile does not describe the machine reflected in the IOReg; Motherboard, BIOS version, Processor, etc. Why did you change the framebuffer?

updated my system (working on a new setup). Re: frame buffer changes: I wasn't aware I did. it wasn't anything I did intentionally.

Re: frame buffer changes:
My mistake. The A1 and A3 edits use 0a. To edit manually:

Should be:
Code:
                        "AAPL,ig-platform-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0x0A, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01
                        },
Otherwise, apply the patches to the native dsdt.

ok, I made that edit, and then ran the "uefi-Clean Compile" and "HD4K-on-6" patches. Here's te IOreg. I am unable to run the Desktop-HD4K/HD3K without compile errors. am I running the correct patches? if not, is there a reason why I would get compile errors on a fresh DSDT? (using DSDT=null) during boot)

Attachments

• Mac Pro (HD4K-on-6).zip
    439.8 KB · Views: 101
ok, I made that edit, and then ran the "uefi-Clean Compile" and "HD4K-on-6" patches. Here's te IOreg. I am unable to run the Desktop-HD4K/HD3K without compile errors. am I running the correct patches? if not, is there a reason why I would get compile errors on a fresh DSDT? (using DSDT=null) during boot)
Why are you using 6 series patches on a Z77-DS3H? You can patch a dsdt once, never twice. Start over for a second time.

The instructions were edit the dsdt, full stop. If you did not want to manually edit the dsdt: "Otherwise, apply the patches to the native dsdt."

If you have compile errors attach the dsdt with the errors.

I just tried to apply the desktop HD4K patch and got errors on compile. here is the unaltered DSDT (from dsdt=null) and the ioreg.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    461 KB · Views: 84
I just tried to apply the desktop HD4K patch and got errors on compile. here is the unaltered DSDT (from dsdt=null) and the ioreg.
For the second time, Why are you using 6 series patches on a Z77-DS3H?
The dsdt attached is not an unaltered dsdt.
It looks like you have applied PJALMS edits which you never mentioned. Note: Post #1, PJALM's DSDT Patches includes
  • HDMI Audio
Then you applied Clean Compile, Desktop HD4K...A3 and HD4K on 6 series.

Start over with a real unaltered dsdt and use one method, not both.

Hi Toleda i have followed this guide and one of your older guides and I'm not successful with my DSDT Patching. I have tried pjalms asus patch together with your patch but to no avail . I do have a GTX-670 natively supported graphics (attached screenshot HDEF IOREG). I have a working alc898 audio through Multibeast 5.3.0 After reboot i always encounter KP saying no device driver for ACPI or something I can't remember. I have ML 10.8.4 installed but did not install org.chameleon.boot.plist in /Extra, i'm not bothering to install it because my system seems working fine without it. I'm using stock bios i908 which I downgraded from patched 2003 on a P8Z77-V PREMIUM MOBO. Strangely after I flashed back to a stock 1908 it seems the cpu power management still works, verified through MSRDumper.kext via console.

Anyways, Is there any solution to this?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-27 at 4.52.30 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-06-27 at 4.52.30 PM.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 156
Hi Toleda i have followed this guide and one of your older guides and I'm not successful with my DSDT Patching.
Why use an older guide and post to a new guide? Start over with the new guide.
A screenshot is useless. Attach the IOReg and the dsdt with the problem.

Why use an older guide and post to a new guide? Start over with the new guide.
A screenshot is useless. Attach the IOReg and the dsdt with the problem.

As requested, please find the attached copy of my IOreg and DSDT. DSDT is unpatched.

Thanks.

Attachments

• DSDT_P8Z77-V-PREMIUM_10.8.4_vaiology79.zip
    35.3 KB · Views: 81
  • ioreg_P8Z77-V-PREMIUM_10.8.4_vaiology79.zip
    550.9 KB · Views: 66
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back