Contribute
Register

[Easy Guide] ML: UEFI HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because what's happening is after I apply the pjalms and your patch I will compile it and there are no errors and warnings. But, after reboot KP. I will send you the patch DSDT in a moment. I don't know what is wrong with it.

Here is the patched DSDT with no errors and warnings but I haven't installed it yet because if i do again KP. Thanks for your time Toleda.

Attachments

• Patched_DSDT_P8Z77-V-PREMIUM_vaiology79.zip
    36.4 KB · Views: 121
Here is the patched DSDT with no errors and warnings but I haven't installed it yet because if i do again KP. Thanks for your time Toleda.
The file attached is a text file, if installed KP, every time.
Messed up Step 5.
5. MaciASL/File/Save As… /ACPI Machine Language Binary/Extra/dsdt.aml (add extension)

Note File Format:
ACPI Machine Language Binary

Hi Toleda, I saved it in ACPI Machine Language Binary format, put it in /Extra folder and removed HDAenabler then restart. Now, no more kernel panic. Still got the onboard audio working but no HDMI audio. I'm attaching my IOReg, entry HDAU not showing.

Attachments

• ioreg_P8Z77-V-Premium_vaiology79.zip
    579.7 KB · Views: 90
toleda, I've deleted HDAEnabler1.kext like you said. And installed ALC889 with DSDT from Multibeast.
Still HDMI and the M-Audio PCI sound card are working. No onboard.

I thought that nothing worked because of a strange bug:
when my machine wakes up from sleep, the active audio output device changes to HDMI.

Here's my ioreg and dsdt.

Attachments

• ioreg_fox_Asus3xxx_ALC889.zip
    579.1 KB · Views: 98
  • DSDT_Asus3xxx_ALC889.zip
    19.3 KB · Views: 122
Here is my DSDT.
Missed this step:
7. Verify no audio enablers (S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext, HDAEnabler8xx.kext, etc.)7a. If present, delete the enabler, fix permission and rebuilt cache.
The dsdt.aml is not installed properly. Try this step again:
5. MaciASL/File/Save As… /ACPI Machine Language Binary/Extra/dsdt.aml (add extension)

toleda, I've deleted HDAEnabler1.kext like you said. And installed ALC889 with DSDT from Multibeast.
Still HDMI and the M-Audio PCI sound card are working. No onboard.
IOReg shows HDAEnabler1.kext is still installed.
Regarding onboard audio, you have the phantom codec problem, endemic to Asus 3xxx BIOS on P67. Only solution is to downgade to a working 2xxx BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back