Contribute
Register

[Easy Guide] ML: UEFI HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no difference in your IORegs for audio with or without the enabler. Something else happened when you removed the kext. AppleHDA.kext is wrong; MultiBeast/With DSDT/ALC889.

For graphics, look at System Information/Graphics/Displays: if the graphics card is represented as HD5xxx, the card is not recognized and enabled.

Regarding 889 onboard audio, All Asus 3xxx BIOS disable onboard audio with a phantom codec. The current solution is to downgrade the BIOS to a working 2xxx. I have an experiment as a potential fix. If you are interested, attach your dsdt.

I've finally managed to realize that everything works, except onboard of course.

Sure I'm interested. Here is the dsdt.

Attachments

• DSDT_Fox.zip
    19.3 KB · Views: 88
Hi Toleda,

Just wanted to come back to thank you so much for all your work!!! Thanks to you i managed to get a full working system, my path was the audio id 03, and after posting i started reading and reading the previous hdmi audio threads, and saw some problems with boards in wrong lanes, so i suspected this could be my problem and it was!! My board was on the x8 lane. Just a swap and reboot, and voila HDMI AUDIO!!!!

Again, thank you for your patience and your kindness in help so many people!! This is the true Dharma, who have ears understand!!

After I apply the Desktop-AMD/Nvidia-A1 patch and compile, I receive 6 errors.

HDMI audio edits.jpg

I got the patch to work, but still no HDMI audio

Your graphics card is installed in the wrong slot. Move it to the the PCIe x16 slot.

I now feel like a total idiot... That fixed it. Thank you very much

I've patched a DSDT with the clean compile followed by the desktop-HD4K/HD3k... patch and got the same errors as above. So i restarted with a DSDT=null DSDT and used the clean compile and HD4K.. patches, got a compile with no errors, restarted and still have no HDMI options in the sound output options. attached is my ioreg. any ideas?

Attachments

• Mac Pro (HD4K-on-6).zip
    473.8 KB · Views: 92
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back