Contribute
Register

[Easy Guide] ML: HDMI Audio/HD4000/7 Series MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also attaching the IOReg, and two DSDT files: the first is what I believe is the original DSDT, and the other one is with the 2 audio HDMI patches applied. The binaries differ and I get no errors so I don't think there is a problem with them, but might as well put them here in case anybody spots something I am doing wrong. I assume the problem is with me not understanding the changes needed to the chameleon.Boot.plist file, mentioned above.
Wishful thinking:
<key>EnableHDMIAudio</key>
<string>Yes</string>

dsdt edits are fine.
An older audio solution is installed. Suggest installing current audio first; MultiBeast 5.2.1 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC887 Current. Verify audio. If no audio reply with new IOReg.

Delete S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext and repair permissions and cache. Install edited dsdt and restart. Verify onboard and HDMI audio.

Wishful thinking:
<key>EnableHDMIAudio</key>
<string>Yes</string>

dsdt edits are fine.
An older audio solution is installed. Suggest installing current audio first; MultiBeast 5.2.1 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC887 Current. Verify audio. If no audio reply with new IOReg.

Delete S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext and repair permissions and cache. Install edited dsdt and restart. Verify onboard and HDMI audio.

Yes! That worked thanks a lot toledo! :thumbup:

I'd like to chime in and say this was the only process I understood and the only way I could get my videocard/motherboard to work! I have a CPU that has no supported integrated graphics(HD 2500) and I wanted HDMI audio from the discrete graphics card (EVGA GT 640) to watch movies on my TV, so I took a chance and it worked. I did this patch for my DSDT-less motherboard on OS X 10.8.3 from a fresh install.

Thank you so much for the pre-built patches!

CPU: i5-3470
Motherboard: GA-B75M-D3P
Video card: EVGA GT640 2G 02g-P4-2643-KR

Heyy Toleda. Just another hackintosher looking for help here... I'm trying to get HDMI audio on my current build, but it's not working for some reason. I have a Gigabyte GAZ77X-UD5H motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600k CPU, and Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 GPU. I want the audio to go through the GPU and not the onboard graphics (or both would be fine using ID 3).

I've tried each of these patches on the DSDT I extracted (https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_hd4000/tree/master/Patches/AMI-HD4000-7_Series), but after each reboot the audio still doesn't show up in sound preferences. Any help would be appreciated. If you need me to attach any files, just let me know. You're the best! :D

I've tried each of these patches on the DSDT I extracted (https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_hd4000/tree/master/Patches/AMI-HD4000-7_Series), but after each reboot the audio still doesn't show up in sound preferences.
Not a good idea to use HD4000 edits on a HD3000 processor.
Use audio_hdmi_hd3000/Patches
AMI-EFI-Clean Compile
AMI-EFI-HD3000-AMD-Nvidia-6_Series-A1
HD3000-on-7_Series_MB

Edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id: 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00.

Reply with edited dsdt.

The zip I attached contains a clean DSDT, patched DSDT, org.chameleon.Boot.plist, and IOReg. Maybe it's not working because I have the GraphicsEnabler=Yes flag? But the OS won't even boot without it. Maybe the DSDT isn't being injected properly? I have no idea. Clearly. :D But I appreciate your help and quick response!

Attachments

• FilesToCheck.zip
    527.9 KB · Views: 83
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back