Contribute
Register

[Easy Guide] ML: HDMI Audio/HD4000/7 Series MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Followed the Guide but I missed out using IOReg. What do I do with IOreg exactly? For the most part I compiled the DSDT I extracted with DSDTSE. I applied the patches from the kit which worked with no errors. I saved IOreg file with IORegistry explorer but having saved it what was I meant to do with it. Do I need IOReg 2.1? I've checked around this post but I'm confused IOreg must open the file but which file? I could not boot using HD4000 onmyz77-ds3h, probably not added something obviously. If anyone can help I'd be really grateful.

Hi,

Many thanks for this guide!

In case it helps anyone else: I had disabled the onboard audio of my Gigabyte ga-z77x-ud3h bios F18 / i5-3570k / HD4000 in the bios since it is a non-supported chip but after struggling trying to get the sound going via HDMI, it turns out that for HDMI audio to work, the onboard audio chip has to be enabled in bios, even if it's not used ...

In case it helps anyone else: I had disabled the onboard audio of my Gigabyte ga-z77x-ud3h bios F18 / i5-3570k / HD4000 in the bios since it is a non-supported chip but after struggling trying to get the sound going via HDMI, it turns out that for HDMI audio to work, the onboard audio chip has to be enabled in bios, even if it's not used ...
For any OS X audio, you have to have a codec. Working onboard audio is not required for HDMI audio as documented in Post #1.

For any OS X audio, you have to have a codec. Working onboard audio is not required for HDMI audio as documented in Post #1.

Hi,
But it seems the onboard audio has to at least be enabled in bios for the hdmi audio to work, at least with my system if I disable the onboard audio chip in bios, the hdmi audio doesn't work either (HDEF doesn't show up in ioreg)
Without any other changes, rebooting and enabling the audio chip makes hdmi audio work, and in the other case it doesn't (nothing shows up in the output devices), and this even though there is no support for the chip, so how does enabling the unsupported audio chip provide a codec? Wouldn't a recognized hdmi device supply the codec? Precisely since you say working onboard audio isn't required, I had thought the unsupported chip could remain disabled ...

Thanks for this, works fine except I have jittery audio on ga-z77x-ud5h alc 898 on everything but headphone out. Any ideas?

HDMI audio?

Yes although I believe the problem existed prior to following this guide to fix hdmi audio. My headphone output was fine but the rest were jittery.

Hi toleda and everybody, (first time poster!),

I am on GA-ZZ77-DS3H using Intel 4000 HDMI for graphics and wish to get audio over HDMI... hence why I am here. I have been following the instructions here, but unfortunately it isn't working even after several tries. I mainly loose all audio output options, and HDMI doesn't show up. I must be doing something wrong, but most likely it is to do with the following:

"2. Delete any property injectors GraphicsEnabler=Yes is OK. DSDT injection only.
2a. Ex., EFI/property-type injection in Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist"

Being a complete noob here (and with Hackintosh), I am not sure what the property injecting entries are. GraphicsEnabler=Yes are ok, but how do I know which others need to go? I am attaching the file here.

View attachment org.chameleon.Boot.plist

I am also attaching the IOReg, and two DSDT files: the first is what I believe is the original DSDT, and the other one is with the 2 audio HDMI patches applied. The binaries differ and I get no errors so I don't think there is a problem with them, but might as well put them here in case anybody spots something I am doing wrong. I assume the problem is with me not understanding the changes needed to the chameleon.Boot.plist file, mentioned above.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

View attachment ioreg.zip
View attachment original.aml.zip
View attachment with_hdmi_audio_patches.aml.zip

Yes although I believe the problem existed prior to following this guide to fix hdmi audio. My headphone output was fine but the rest were jittery.
Jittery digital audio, not likely. Off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back