Contribute
Register

dyuhas' Dual-boot mATX Build: Core i7-4770k - GA-Z87MX-D3H - 16GB RAM - GTX 650Ti Boost 1GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I typed it out to make it easier to read, but let me know if you need a picture.

It pauses for a few seconds here:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3c
-- power management may be incomplete or unsupported
Sound Assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 1276
Sound Assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 1576
Sound Assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 352
Sound Assertion in AppleHDAEngine at line 581

Then, it shows another line and pauses for a few seconds:

**** [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

Then, it shows one last line and stops there:

DRMStatus: iTunes/Apple Store Content Access Problem. Content playback may be disabled on this computer. You can continue to use the machine, but you should contact an Apple support representative. ErrorCode: 8877652

Try rebooting and hit F12 again making sure you choose the "P0" SSD device. Then use the "GraphicsEnabler=No" boot flag. Let me know and we'll go from there.

I know setting the BIOS to defaults "should" work, but there are some changes that I would make if I were you. While you try this latest procedure, I'm going to be typing up the areas in the BIOS that need your attention.

Same thing, gets stuck at the apple logo\spinning wheel. I also tried with GraphicsEnabler=No -v and it gets stuck at the same place.

Alright. First, check what BIOS version you are on. You should be on F5. If not, download it from the Gigabyte website and update it. I believe you can update it through a utility in the BIOS, I think.

If you are already using revision F5, or after you update, locate these items in your BIOS and make sure they are set to what I have listed. Some may already be set by default. That's OK.

BIOS Features

Boot Option #1: P0: SanDisk SDSSDHP128G
Windows 8 Features: Other OS
Boot Mode Selection: Legacy Only
Storage Boot Option Control: Legacy Only
Other PCI Device ROM Priority: Legacy OpROM

Peripherals

Initial Display Output: IGFX
XHCI Mode: Auto (NOT Smart Auto)
Intel Processor Graphics: Enabled
Intel Processor Graphics Memory Allocation: 64M
DVMT Total Memory Size: MAX
XHCI Hand-off: Enabled
EHCI Hand-off: Enabled

Power Management

Wake on LAN: Disabled

I wish I could send you a Christmas card! My BIOS was on F3, and I just updated to F5. Looks like it's working! I'm sure there will be kinks I need to work out, but at least I can boot up for now! Should I still change the settings in the BIOS that you recommended, or leave it as is?

I'm just glad I could help you get your system up and running. I know how frustrating it can be. No Christmas card necessary.

As for making the changes in the BIOS, I would. I make those changes for every system I've built with OS-X. If you don't, you may run into other snags down the road, like USB 3.0 running at USB 2.0 speeds. It's also a good idea to completely remove the chance that it could ever boot in UEFI mode, as OS-X doesn't like it at all. It only takes a minute, and it's good insurance.

When you go into the BIOS, if it defaults to the new fancy "Windows" mode, hit F2 to change it to classic mode. If you don't, you may not see all the settings that I mentioned.

It's great to hear that I helped somebody. It's what I love to do.

You certainly were a big help, and I'm really thankful. The only kinks I see at first glance are:
no audio (at least through HDMI)
no iCloud
no Bluetooth - doesn't this board support Bluetooth out of the box? Or do I need to buy a dongle?

The solution for audio is to use a standard audio cable. There is a way to push audio through HDMI, but then you lose all of your controls within the OS (no volume, no mute, etc.).

I'm not sure about iCloud. Don't you have to register your Mac (which you don't do) to utilize iCloud? Actually, I really don't know much about iCloud at all.

For bluetooth, yes, you will have to get a BT receiver. I believe you are referring to the GA-Z87N-WIFI motherboard. It's a Mini ITX board with a half-height PCIe card on it that carries both Wi-Fi and bluetooth. Unfortunately, only the bluetooth side of it works in OS-X.

Hope that helps.

I fiddled around with some settings and got iCloud working, and have audio the way you suggested. Now this machine is working like a charm and is the most powerful computer I've ever had. I am in love with this thing. The only small problem I have is that, sometimes, there are problems when my computer goes to sleep.

I press enter on my bluetooth keyboard to wake it, and the monitor turns on. All I get, though, is a black screen with the mouse on it. I know that the system is there, because I'm sometimes able to access it by typing in my password and pressing enter. Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?

Hi,

I have the same CPU and mainboard and have a problem with USB-transfers: Can you sync an iPhone/iPad via USB or do large USB file transfers with your build?
As soon as I start one of the two, the system completely freezes :(
Fiddled around with USB settings in BIOS as well as removing the USB3 driver from MultiBeast. No changes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back