Contribute
Register

dyuhas' Dual-boot mATX Build: Core i7-4770k - GA-Z87MX-D3H - 16GB RAM - GTX 650Ti Boost 1GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
kevindosi: Despite your ending message saying something about bluetooth, it's actually a graphics problem. Which version of MultiBeast are you using? I only ask becasue that halting point was getting common enough that the latest release of MultiBeast (6.0.1) includes two very important boot flags by default: "GraphicsEnabler=No" and "IGPEnabler=Yes". These two make running with on-board graphics a breeze. Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for your quick response! I'm actually using 6.0.1. Could I have chosen the wrong drivers on multibeast? I chose DSDT Free, the audio driver and 1080p boot, but nothing else.

kevindosi: You didn't choose the Intel network driver? That may be your problem. The pics are pretty fuzzy, but I think it's saying something about not being able to contact iTunes. That would be a network issue. Boot into safe mode, re-run MultiBeast, and choose the Intel network driver. DO NOT CHOOSE ANYTHING ELSE. After it's done, reboot and let me know how it goes.

Dyuhas, you're the man. Thanks so much for helping me. I'm going to sleep tonight, but will try reinstalling in the morning. Just to be clear - I should choose 1080p boot, dsdt free, intel ethernet (even though i'm using wifi), and my audio driver?
I'll update here tomorrow. Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

kevindosi: OK, wait a minute. I'm pretty sure I've isolated the problem. If you are going to reinstall (which is good considering all the tinkering with MultiBeast and such), here's a rundown:

1. First, pull your Wi-Fi card prior to install. Either hard-wire yourself or bypass internet access altogether during installation.
2. You shouldn't have any problem getting to the installer screen with that setup. If you do, just use "-x".
3. Once you are done installing and are ready to run MultiBeast (6.0.1), use these settings (NOTE: I am ONLY going to list the options that you will check to enable. I am not listing the options that are chosen for you by default):

Quick Start -> DSDT Free
Drivers -> Audio -> Realtek ALCxxx -> Without DSDT -> ALC892
Drivers -> Disk -> TRIM Enabler -> 10.9.0 TRIM Patch (unless your SSD has a SandForce controller)
Drivers -> Network -> Intel - hnak's AppleIntelE1000e v2.4.14
Customize -> 1080p Display Mode (if that's the resolution you are using)
Build -> Install

After MultiBeast finishes, eject the USB drive and reboot. You should get into OS-X no problem. Once you do, then shut down, add your Wi-Fi card back in, then boot again. If you have problems at this point, then insert the UniBeast USB and boot into OS-X with that. Once you get to a desktop (no matter how you have to do it), go under "System Preferences -> Network" and "Join" your Wi-Fi network. After join and connect once, you should be good to go after that.

Hope this helps. If not, you post and I will think.

I've followed your instructions twice but no luck :(
Every time I did something, I wrote it down in hopes that you or someone else could find something I was doing wrong. Here's what I did:

BIOS is set to defaults.
1) Removed wifi card. Only things plugged into my motherboard are the CPU, fans, SSD, RAM and front panel ports.
2) Booted into my unibeast USB. Booted fine without any flags.
3) Partitioned my SSD in Disk Utlity - 1 partition named Mavericks, Mac OS Extended (Journaled), GUID Partition table
4) Installed Mavericks onto SSD.
5) Rebooted into my USB and chose Mavericks. Got stuck on the apple logo and spinning wheel again, so I rebooted. Booted into my USB again and chose Mavericks with the boot flag -x. This time it loads up.
6) Completed installation, choosing “this computer does not connect to the internet”
7) Installed multibeast 6.0.1. DSDT free, ALC892 without DSDT, 1080p boot, TRIM, AppleIntelE1000e
The first time I copied multi beast to the desktop to install. The second time I left it on my USB to install.
8) Ejected USB and rebooted.
9) Stuck on apple logo and spinning wheel again :( Can only boot into safe mode.

10) Shut down. Installed wifi card.
11) Plugged in my USB. Booted into Unibeast USB, then chose Mavericks. Was able to boot without safe mode.
12) Joined wifi network.
13) Removed USB, Rebooted

It seems I can only boot into safe mode or through the unibeast USB. Any ideas? I'm getting desperate!

Edit: Just tried rebooting into Mavericks through the USB key, but that's not working either now.

OK. Try this and reply:

1. Reboot
2. At the Gigabyte logo screen, hit F12 for the boot menu
3. Choose your SSD and make sure it's NOT the UEFI version. It should start with "P0" or something like that.

Let me know and we'll go from there.

There are 2 choices:

P5: SanDisk SDSSDHP128G
UEFI: SanDisk SDSSDHP128G

Choose the "P5: SanDisk SDSSDHP128G"

Also, just an FYI: your SSD should be on the first SATA port (like SATA 0). It looks like yours is on port 5. I usually reserve port 5 for an optical drive (if I use one).

I chose p5 but got stuck on the spinning wheel as usual. So I moved the SATA cable to P0. Now when I boot up with F12, it shows UEFI as the first option and P0 as the second. I chose P0, but still get stuck on the spinning wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back