CPU
Intel Core i5-4670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
How do I get my Hackintosh to recognize my DVD drive?

Last edited:
How do I get my Hackintosh to recognize my DVD drive?

Hi, I've never had a problem using a DVD drive it has always been recognised, if it isn't on your desktop try popping a disc into it and it should show.

It doesn't open when I press the button on the drive.

It did open randomly all by itself one time. ???

It doesn't open when I press the button on the drive.

It did open randomly all by itself one time. ???

Hm that's weird, I've not had a problem with a DVD drive before, did you make sure all the connections were connected properly? I know it seems a little patronising but I've left the a little loose a few times without realising.

Well the power connection wasn't loose, but I had connected the drive to the last connector on the cable, and nothing else was connected to that cable. When I connected the drive to the first connector on the cable, it started working.

Thank you, Miles, for pointing me in the right direction. There are so many variables in the building of a Hackintosh, it's difficult to figure out where to place the blame when something doesn't work!

Well the power connection wasn't loose, but I had connected the drive to the last connector on the cable, and nothing else was connected to that cable. When I connected the drive to the first connector on the cable, it started working.

Thank you, Miles, for pointing me in the right direction. There are so many variables in the building of a Hackintosh, it's difficult to figure out where to place the blame when something doesn't work!

No problem! I've been through hell over the last week trying to set my own machine up and finally have it done so now I've sorted mine I'm going to try help out other to the best of my ability :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back