GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
This was asked in another post along with another question but the thread went off in the direction of the other question and this one has not been addressed. Does anyone know how to stop the DVD drive from randomly spinning up. It gets annoying when setting right next to my computer.

i've seen other posts about it. Someone else posted a message on this forum about it. I think I saw it on insanelymac but that forum has gotten so big that I don't go there much becasuse you can get lost. :lol:

tonymacx86 said:
Could be that it's a Blueray
Hmmm... Nop.

It happens to me as well on my LG Black 24X DVD+R DL SATA (i.e. No BlueRay)

tonymacx86 said:
- I have no such issue with my Optiarc. :think:
:evil: ;)

Wonder if it is LG then.

Could be a firmware issue... Searching the LG site...
Please post your drive's model so we can try to xref that...
Mine is a GH24NS50 - ROM Ver: XP01

OK,

Got so fed up with this, and after not finding anything on updated firmwares, plus the several negative reviews on the LG GH24NS50 in Newegg, I decided to walk away from LG...

I just replaced mine with a Sony-Optiarc AD-5240S (couldn't find the 7240 around here)...
Needless to say, the problem disappeared immediately.

Just posted a warning message (viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1100) under Buying Advice...

I updated firmware on mine but still happens. It doesn't bother me enough to fork over more money to rid myself of it and mine is also Blueray player so I can watch movies on it in windoze. I'll live with it I guess. I haven't tried leaving a disc in it to see if it still happens. I'm going to try that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back