Contribute
Register

Dual screen start flickering overnight (mojave - radeon VII)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Z390 I Pro Wifi
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I have two monitors plugged both in displayport (4K@60hz + 1080p@144hz). Everything worked well until two days ago when, for no reason, my hackintosh decided it won't accept dual screen anymore. Flickering starts as soon as I plug the second screen, regardless of which one is plugged first.
I didn't change anything in kexts or config.plist and dual screen works fine in windows.
I made a video of the flickering :

Have you seen this before ?
Thanks

Same problem here. A month ago i made a clean install of 10.14.5. My Radeon VII worked flawless with 3 x 4K screens attached to the 3 DisplayPorts. Today i made the combo update to 10.14.6 (including the supplemental update). Now it only works with one screen attached. As soon as i connect a second screen the flickering starts.

I then booted from the CCC Backup of 10.14.5, but its also flickering now. Any idea how to get back to the working version of 10.14.5 ?

For the update i did everything that Stork wrote here:

Asus Maximus Hero IX, Radeon VII, Samsung NVMe SM951.

Last edited:
Seems like KextBeast did not install (or update) the kext files (Lilu, WhatEverGreen and AppleALC). After reading the recommended iDiot's Guide To Lilu and its Plug-ins i changed the CsrActiveConfig with Clover Configurator and installed them successfully with Hackintool.

Tomorrow i will check if this made a difference.

Seems like KextBeast did not install (or update) the kext files (Lilu, WhatEverGreen and AppleALC). After reading the recommended iDiot's Guide To Lilu and its Plug-ins i changed the CsrActiveConfig with Clover Configurator and installed them successfully with Hackintool.

Tomorrow i will check if this made a difference.
Any update ? Did it changed something ?

It probably is related to IGPU and headless mode. As soon as i plugged an HDMI cable into the IGPU the flickering stopped. As i am in a project right now i won't find the time to get it fixed without the HDMI cable in my setup. Good luck!

Well, actually it now works without the HDMI cable plugged in. Maybe on my machine the kext cache was not updated or whatever. I'm happy that i can continue working now. This will probably be of no use to you, sorry.

Last edited:
Good for you !
I've tried to plug an HDMI cable in the IGPU but it doesn't work for me sadly.
I've also tried updating lilu and whatevergreen kexts with Hackintool, which (I think) update the kext cache and permissions, but no luck either.
Meanwhile, I'm still working with a single screen :(

If somebody have any idea, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi guys, did you found a fixed for this? I'm on Catalina 15.1 and seem to be running into the same issue. Any help or info much appreciated!

I managed to get rid of it after installing Mojave 3 or 4 times. So I can't exactly tell you what was causing the issue sorry...
The only thing i spotted was a strange behaviour at clover screen : when I let the countdown finish and boot by it self, i got the screen issue, whereas when i was manually selecting the drive and press enter, i didn't get it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back