Contribute
Register

Dual Monitors EAH 5770 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
MacMan said:
Onfireee said:
UPDATE: My computer now recognizes both monitors (Arrangement tab appears and everything).... but, it's acting very strangely. Specifically mirroring issues. Even when the 'mirror windows' option is unchecked, the other monitor (HDMI) will still mirror what the other monitor shows (DVI).

Likewise, when I choose the unseen extended display as the primary space then both monitors will switch to that secondary but thus, the primary will go unseen.

Notes: I finally achieved it to recognize both monitors through the 'Uakari' framebuffer, but overlooked it at first because it booted with both monitors mirroring the secondary display. So I assumed my computer was being buggy due to only the wallpaper appearing and no icons.

...Any suggestions?
You need to test other frame buffers to see which works best with your card.

I agree with MacMan

Best way to test them is to type the different frame buffers at the Chameleon boot screen:
Code:
AtiConfig=XXXX

where XXXX is the name of the frame buffer - this way if it doesn't work you can just reset your system and the frame buffer won't have saved.

Take a look here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=1146

So I've gone through every single framebuffer and here are my results:

Alopias - Glitchy wall of doom
Alouatta - DVI black screen, HDMI mirrors what would be the DVI
Baboon - DVI and HDMI black
Cardinal - KP
Caretta - KP
Colobus - KP
Douc - KP
Eulemur - DVI good, HDMI mirrors
Flicker - DVI black, HDMI mirrors, major lag issues
Galago - KP
Gliff - KP
Hoolock - DVI and HDMI black
Hypoprion - Glitch screen
Iago - Glitch screen
Kakapo - KP
Kipunji - DVI good, HDMI mirrors
Lamna - Glitch screen
Langur - DVI and HDMI black
Megalodon - Glitch screen
Motmot - KP
Nomascus - SL recognized both inputs, DVI fine although HDMI black. Mirroring issues too.
Peregrine - KP
Quail - KP
Raven - KP
Shrike - KP
Sphyrna - KP
Triakis - Glitch Screen
Uakari - Recognized (DVI and HDMI) w/mirroring issues
Vervet - DVI fine, HDMI mirrors (not recognized)
Zonalis - RECOGNIZED!!!! DVI & HDMI. No mirroring issues.... but MAJOR lag issues.

It's kind of hilarious that the very last one i try would be the only one that works out of them all. BUT, the lag issues are to the point where it's unworkable. The mouse is jumpy like no ones business. So aside from Zonalis, Uakari is the best. Although I still have mirroring issues which is extremely frustrating.

So, at this point does anyone know any other methods excluding Kabyl's bootloader that I could maybe work from? I really need to get this working. Cheers guys.

Should I just buy a DVI splitter? That would work I'm assuming.

Do you have a DisplayPort on this Asus 5570 ?

Its a know Problem on single DVI 5770 Cards that the HDMi doenst work as on Dual DVI Reference Design 5770.

I have a Gigabyte Silent Cell 5770 with Single DVI (+1xHDMi 1xDispalyPort).

DVI +Displayport to DVI works fine in 1080p extended Desktop with Vervet Framebuffer and full Accelration

NOT solvable.

I had this card too, tried about everything and then and replaced it with a sapphire 5770, everything worked straight away. The EAH5770 is not a reference 5770 design. It has been tweaked too much

My EAH 5750 formula has working dual screens just fine after I added the device id to the controller kext.

What are you talking about?

manpower said:
quirriff said:
My EAH 5750 formula has working dual screens just fine after I added the device id to the controller kext.

What are you talking about?

Could you please share with us your setting and how to make it work? :D

Yes please do! I spend a few hours everyday trying to get this to work!!!

I was actually about to give up and sell my card. I've had no luck so far. Quirriff, can you elaborate on the process you went through to get it working? All help is appreciated. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back