Contribute
Register

Dual Monitors EAH 5770 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave it how it is and try to boot with Iboot(normal) if that works turn on your graphics enabler if you haven't already. Thats what happened to me and it worked with full graphics for some reason.

I forgot to mention I'm using the ATI_Experimental version of chameleon, so install that if you haven't already.

So my other issue got sorted out and I was able to try this, but my device ID is already identified unfortunately. So I didn't make any changes. Since I've been struggling with this since October lmao, I think I'm about ready to throw in the towel. Sell it and get a Sapphire 5770.

I still wish for a magic bullet, but haven't been keeping up on this. At some point I resigned to get a different video card and just ignore these issues altogether. From what I've read, my Asus 5770 is a bit more weird than other 5770s, as it's not a direct implementation of the reference card.

Most of the time my setup requires me to have both an DVI-HDMI cable and an HDMI->HDMI cable plugged in, one dangling to nothing and the other plugged into the monitor.

Inexplicably, I just checked the current status of the computer (I know my wife had some issues and moved cables around) and only the HDMI->HDMI cable is plugged in. I'm really surprised by this, i've never gotten 1 cable to work. In previous trials, this only yielded either no video, or "2nd monitor" video over one (or both) cable(s). So, it's very fickle, and I don't consider this resolved. I think it to be one hard reboot away from doing the things it did before.

I'm not sure what personality it's set on (maybe vervet). I know I'm using the odd ATIFrameBuffer hack I mentioned in the post above - I went through a huge matrix of combinations for hours and at best only saw different shades of almost working.

Eh, I didn't help, sorry. Hopefully someone else has a magic bullet we can both use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back