Contribute
Register

Dual booting Windows 7 and Mavericks using latest version of Chameleon not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have one disk for Windows and another for Mavericks. When booting with the mac drive plugged in, it brings up the Chameleon screen, even if I chose to boot to my windows drive in my BIOS. But when I try to boot my windows drive from the Chameleon screen, it just says that its missing the boot managers. The only way that im able to boot windows is to open up my computer and unplug my mac drive. After doing that, booting from my windows drive doesn't bring up the Chameleon screen and boots just fine. What is going on?

I have one disk for Windows and another for Mavericks. When booting with the mac drive plugged in, it brings up the Chameleon screen, even if I chose to boot to my windows drive in my BIOS. But when I try to boot my windows drive from the Chameleon screen, it just says that its missing the boot managers. The only way that im able to boot windows is to open up my computer and unplug my mac drive. After doing that, booting from my windows drive doesn't bring up the Chameleon screen and boots just fine. What is going on?

Do you see "System Reserved" as an option the list of volumes to boot with Chameleon? If so, that's where your boot files live and that's the volume you must boot to run Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back