Contribute
Register

Dual-boot installation gone wrong? Help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but I get stuck at

(2) Boot from the Unibeast USB (USB installer) again,
Then go into your unibeast USB as if you want to re-install OS_X Yosemite, run disk Utility and unmount the drive you installed OS XYosemite on by right clicking on the volume and select Unmount.

When on the UniBeast boot menu I have 4 choices:

USB with Yosemite installer / OSX / Win7 / other Win 7 thing, I don't know what it is

I select the USB with Yosemite Installer and get kernel panic(cpu 0/2/3 caller 0xfffffffsomething)

even though I used the same boot flag(s) that I used when I installed Yosemite the first time.

I struggled with the first installation for a long time, trying multiple boot flags separately and together.
After a long day I managed to get the install work with GraphicsEnabler=Yes but this time it wont work.
560Ti is not natively supported in OS X (or at least it wasn't last time I looked). To install use boot flag nv_disable=1 with your other boot flags.
Once installed and at the desktop, download and install the nVidia "Fermi" drivers for the card.

You might also want to read the threads you find with the search engine and key words "560Ti Fermi Freeze"
From what I have read the card has been a PITA from the start.

Hi,

Thanks for the great help again.
I'll check this post out regarding my GTX 560 Ti.

If possible, could you see this problem and find something to help me out?
Thanks a bunch in advance, again.

See I did a dual boot from this guide with Windows 7 and Yosemite.

I followed every step clearly. I started with going into OSX Yosemite installer via UniBeast USB.
I went to Disk Utility and erased both 250GB Samsung EVO SSD and 2TB HDD.
After that I went into Partition, I split both into 2 parts. 1 Partition (TOP) being for Windows 7 and set as MS-DOS [FAT]. 2 Partition (BOTTOM) set for OSX with Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
When I finished doing those Partitions I put my OEM Win7 DVD in. Went into BIOS and turned UEFI and Legacy into only Legacy. When I reached Win 7 installer, I went Advanced, Formated that SSD Partition (Selected the first 100+GB Partition after a 200mb partition).
I installed Win 7 perfectly fine, did GIGABYTE CD Drivers and NVIDIA 500 series drivers.

PART 2. OS X Installation.
That went well with nv_disable=1 maxmem=4096 -v boot flags. I installed MultiBeast settings and came to a functioning OSX. After checking out if Bootloader works. I noticed I have 3 options.

Windows NTFS / OSX / Windows 32FAT

I tried Windows NTFS and it gave me BOOTMGR missing -error.
OSX works.
Windows 32FAT I can't even click.

What should I do?

Hi.

I think we have the same probleme. and I try too solve it. Your dual boot is on the same drive?

Yesterday, I wanted to install yosemite and Win8 on the same drive ( SSD) ( and UEFI). It was hard ( ****ing mbr , gpt , UEFI, etc ).
6 hours after, successful :) . For me the easy way , was to install Win8 before OS X.
Win8 works and boot with chameleon.
But OSW won't boot without the multibeast usbkey :(

To install osx, I always type the following flags: GraphicsEnabler=Yes maxmem=8192.
In OSX, I loaded multibeast and and I used the easyBeast and Add GraphicsEnabler=Yes , audio driver ALC889.
When OS X is alone on the drive, it works, it boot ( since 2 month) . Not with win8 :(

Hey

Yeah I have no issues with OS X Yosemite. I had no issues installing it. I got both OS's installed correctly but after installation in Bootloader my Windows NTFS says ''BOOTMGR missing''.

Ok.

Incredible but true, this evening was the good!

Osx and win8 work fine on the same drive :) I don't know why. Same method!

Maybe try to install windows before. The installation of win after causes a overwrite of the mbr.

It was a fresh install of Osx. I didn't change the win install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back