Contribute
Register

Dual-boot installation gone wrong? Help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel i5 4690K
Graphics
ASUS R9 270
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey, I've tried posting a couple of times but no replies.

Hopefully this one could get at least some help, thank you in advance of course.

So the thing is I wish to get a working dual boot win7 / yosemite build. I've followed a tutorial series from a certain YouTuber, not sure if it's advertising to post his videos or nickname.

Here's a step-by-step from my journey.

1. Replace old MOBO and CPU with new ones (new ones in signature).
2. Use Win 7 DVD to Format old Win 7 out, and remove DVD when formatted.
3. Yosemite to USB with UniBeast eazy-peazy
4. Add MultiBeast into 32GB Flash with Yosemite.
5. Check UEFI settings according to mobo guide from tonymacx86.com
6. Boot 32GB Flash and install from USB gone wrong.
- Here I first got some kind of panic(cpu 0 caller) error

- After messing around for a long time, I got to install with boot flag GraphicsEnabler=Yes,
but my resolution was around 1000x800 and everything was REALLY choppy and laggy. Rainbow circle started to spin forever and I had to restart. After a while messing around got 1920x1080p somehow.

- After installing and setting up, I only used MultiBeast to install network and audio drivers according to the tutorial on YouTube. I now assume I chose the wrong drivers?

7. I installed Windows 7 and installed mobo DVD drivers and then casual NVIDIA drivers.
8. Went back to USB -> Yosemite -> MultiBeast and did the rest of the No DSDT files and some other stuff I saw someone posted about Z97P-D3. I also checked Bootloader will install too.
9. I shut down and took off the USB and restarted.
10. My rig only starts up Windows 7 and thats it.

11. I can get Yosemite started by sticking USB in and writing GraphicsEnabler=Yes into boot flag.
Sometimes it launches, sometimes that boot flag doesn't work. Also sometimes I get 1000x800 resolution and it lags really bad. Sometimes it works 1920x1080p and runs fine. Except AUDIO MISSING.

Why doesn't MultiBeast register the install and work?

I know this is a hell of a long post but every help is needed. Thank you.

Hey thanks a bunch. I'll give option 2 a go today.

Why do I need a smaller flash USB?

Also quick question, because I'm a total newbie with this stuff. How come my MultiBeast settings didn't last? For example I checked GraphicsEnabler=Yes on MISC. but I still had to type it in the boot flag when I booted from the USB (because bootloader didn't work?).

Anyways I'll be updating after re-installing both systems.

I am very sorry to spam you. I just want to know everything so next time I don't need to worry so much.

Also is it because of my HDD that my whole Yosemite was booting really slow?

Grey screen with apple logo and black loading bar. Sometimes it went black and sometimes worked?

Is it normal to load for like more than 30 seconds?

Follow the steps, I hope it works.
(1) Ok, Boot from the Unibeast USB (USB installer) by selecting F12 on your keyboard.
Then boot from your new installed OS X yositemite> multibeast>select bootloader chimera 4....>install the multibeast, the restart your PC.

(2) Boot from the Unibeast USB (USB installer) again,
Then go into your unibeast USB as if you want to re-install OS_X Yosemite, run disk Utility and unmount the drive you installed OS X Yosemite on by right clicking on the volume and select Unmount.

(3) Launch Terminal from same disk Utility and execute the following command

dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

Restart your PC and remove ur USB.

Hey

What should this do?

Currently I'm having Windows 7 and Yosemite installed but I think the whole MultiBeast doesn't work?

I used GraphicsEnabler=Yes to get into OSX yesterday. Now I had to use -x and after setting things up in MultiBeast my OSX just froze.

I think I'm just going to format everything I have, start everything from scratch and follow the steps even more carefully. I just followed a video tutorial that had nothing about UEFI being disabled when installing Win7.

It will allow you to see the option like Windows and Yosemite before you now select the one you wanted to boot into

Hi sorry to spam more.

I was trying to do your method if it works.

I booted up this morning, GraphicsEnabler=Yes used to do the trick - now it didn't suddenly.

I tried -x and got into Yosemite but it was rendering these white blocks to show graphic before logging in.
Aftert that Finder window was very choppy but I managed to install Chimera.

Then I restarted hoping to get into the OS X Installer but I didn't.
Tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes (that worked the first time I installed Yosemite after multiple other boot flag tries). -x didn't work either.

What should I do now? I'm starting to become hopeless about this situations. One day 1 boot flag works, next day it doesn't. I've tried installing different stuff multiple times from MultiBeast but I feel like it's not doing anything to help? No MISC. stuff nor nothing else.

Yes but I get stuck at

(2) Boot from the Unibeast USB (USB installer) again,
Then go into your unibeast USB as if you want to re-install OS_X Yosemite, run disk Utility and unmount the drive you installed OS XYosemite on by right clicking on the volume and select Unmount.

When on the UniBeast boot menu I have 4 choices:

USB with Yosemite installer / OSX / Win7 / other Win 7 thing, I don't know what it is

I select the USB with Yosemite Installer and get kernel panic(cpu 0/2/3 caller 0xfffffffsomething)

even though I used the same boot flag(s) that I used when I installed Yosemite the first time.

I struggled with the first installation for a long time, trying multiple boot flags separately and together.
After a long day I managed to get the install work with GraphicsEnabler=Yes but this time it wont work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back