Register

Dual Boot After Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Optiplex 9010
Graphics
1050ti
I received a Hackintosh with Sierra, it contains a 1tb SSD used for the OS and a 4tb data drive.

I want to be able to dual boot Windows 10 on this machine (with Mac as default) but have no clue how. Having not done a hackintosh myself I don't know what I am going to break by trying so am looking for options and how to's.

Ideally being able to run both OS off the SSD and splitting the data drive for both OS is what I would like. My other thoughts were I could run it off an external HDD over USB 3 (but that would be slow). As it is a mini tower I do not think there is room for an additional drive so would need to partition internal for Windows.

Even if the windows ran off a partition of the HDD and left the SSD for Mac.

Any help on how to go about these options (pros/cons). I assume there are guides to do this but I have no understanding of hackintosh builds so would need to be very step by step.

Thanks

@ZacWarham, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back