Contribute
Register

DSDT for Asus Maximus V GENE Z77 ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@extrafuzzyllama

i have no idea about maudio av40 ,but my logitech x230 works very well connected to back :)

awesome. thanks for info.

Use the black port instead of green.

@mmmka

yes the S/L/E = extension folder if you want sleep property remove kext that are not needed. easybeast install some older kext for legacy system. if you open multibeast, look into the description.

EasyBeast is a DSDT-free solution for Core 2 or Core i systems. It installs Chimera v1.9.2 r1394 to allow your system to boot from the hard drive. Installs FakeSMC.kext, LegacyAppleRTC.kext, EvOreboot.kext, JMicron36xATA.kext, AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in /System/Library/Extensions. Installs 64-Bit org.chameleon.Boot.plist with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, Apple Boot Screen, UseKernelCache=Yes and npci=0x3000 and darkwake=0 kernel flags, MacPro3,1 smbios.plist and tonymacx86 Remixed theme in /Extra. Patches /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext to prevent CMOS resets. Does not include any Network or Sound drivers.

and compare with UserDSDT

UserDSDT is a solution for those who have a pre-edited DSDT on the desktop with an .aml extension. Installs your DSDT as DSDT.aml, 64-Bit org.chameleon.Boot.plist with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, Apple Boot Screen, UseKernelCache=Yes, GenerateCStates=Yes, GeneratePStates=Yes and npci=0x3000 and darkwake=0 kernel flags, MacPro3,1 smbios.plist and tonymacx86 Remixed theme in /Extra. Installs FakeSMC.kext in /System/Library/Extensions. Installs Chimera v1.9.2 r1394 so the system will be bootable from the hard drive and ready for sleep with all hardware recognized in System Profiler. Patches /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext to prevent CMOS resets. Does not include any Network or Sound drivers.

you will see what kext is not needed to boot your system with. if you have appleintelcpumanagement.kext patch
fakesmc must stay for hackintosh to work.

delete these kexts after you patch AICPM.kext.
"LegacyAppleRTC.kext, EvOreboot.kext, JMicron36xATA.kext, AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext"

delete these kexts after you patch AICPM.kext.
"LegacyAppleRTC.kext, EvOreboot.kext, JMicron36xATA.kext, AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext"

Got a Waiting for root device after this. Will report back after removing all of those minus 3rd party sata.

@KoalaMan

thats good you have it running without nullcpupowermanagement.kext

in order for sleep working properly we want to remove the extra kext we have put in the extension folder and have the most vanilla support.

sound and network multibeast selection should be fine with sleep working properly.

Disable any Asmeida Usb and asmedia Sata at start to get you start it.

Asmedia sata can be enable later and install using multi beast, but i haven't testing it myself.

I don't use sleep. No biggie for me.

Hey fellow Maximus V Gene'ers!

Wanted to post an update on my current hackintosh status. 10.7.4 Has been installed and is 100% stable, green port audio is functioning fine, and I'm running DSDT free. The current list of components are in my signature and everything is running nicely. Ran Starcraft 2 for a couple hours on extreme and temps were all great! To top that off I was getting around 70 fps! Ran geekbench and my builds score was a little over 9700. I have not overclocked anything yet as I am running the CPU on the stock cooler right now (still searching for one that meets my budget and needs, leaning away from liquid cooling). Right now the only issues I am facing are the lack of the sleep function and my question posted here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-t...t-my-hwmonitor-show-fans-more.html#post397422

Also I've downloaded MSRDumper, and I'd like to make sure that speedstep is enabled and functioning correctly, but I'm not really sure how to go about doing that. As always any help is appreciated! And a big thank you to everyone at Tonymacx86.com and especially the main contributors in this thread!

@heavyarms

here it the newest HwSensors download link. https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors/blob/master/Installer/HWSensors.pkg

but i think there is something wrong with the voltage report

For MSRdumper.kext to work please read page 7 from this thread angelfox provide the information on how to enable MSRDumper.

I just change my cpu cooler to Antec H20 620 last week works it pretty good. I am not a extrem over-clocker, i am more into quiet gaming and less heat generating from the computer. i was thinking using other Bulky heatsink, but there is a memory clearance, weight, Contact between first slot PCI Graphic card and Case clearance too. I am using low profile module 16GB corsair kit and Silverstone Tj08-E this case.

If you want sleep working and have speedstep and turbo running patch appleintecpupowermanagment.kext 10.7.4 if you are using lion and remove nullcpuowermanagment. information also in this thread too.

Here is what 10.8.0 mountain lion installation problem currently arise during my installation.

-AMD 6xxx Card white screen during installation.
fix either switch to IGPU during installation or delete and copy Ati6000controller.kext in Unibeast USB S/L/E, after installation restore ati6000controller.kext using kextbeast to your HD S/L/E.

-Intel HD4000 is not working on our mobo yet, i tried with 1.11 chemera with graphics enabler = yes.

-Graphics slow down after wake from sleep, i think this problem only exist AMD 6xxx series using Mac Pro (3,1) smbios. it is known issues for geniue Mac pro. choose imac 12,1 or 12,2 will solve the graphic slow down problem but it give me less p-state then mac pro(3,1)
the new macbook pro and macbook air only give me two 16 or 34 no turbo. I think have to wait for the new 2012 iMac with ivy bridge but i believe apple favorite the Nvidia card this year.

This make me want to upgrade my card to Asus Nvidia 670 TOP or no sleep.

There are some people using HDD can not boot Mountain lion using kernel cache, I am one of the lucky one. Using WD VelociRaptor to install 10.8.0, since mutibeast will add kernel flag of usekernelcache=yes when choose either easy beast or userdsdt, I have to edit org.chameleon.boot.plist to remove usekernelcache=yes or usekerncache=No. I will try install 10.8.0 into SSD later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back