Contribute
Register

DSDT for Asus Maximus V GENE Z77 ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
dakotar said:
adolfo88 said:
I'm ok to go!
I just bought a new sdd kingston (Kingston Releases SSDNow V200 Series).
So i have to download lion 10.7 first of all, correct ?
Can you share with me some links with me. should i start from where?

You need to buy/install SL first then either you can upgrade (after buying) or create unibeast and install that way. Piracy is not allowed on this forum. And for 50$ (For SL and Lion) it's a steal.
I know, i have the snow leopard and lion, I just recently sold my imac 2011

@adolfo88

If you read this thread from page one you'll find useful information to help build your system.

here is the guide from tony it is for gigabyte board and most z77 board
viewtopic.php?f=169&t=59052

the only difference is
bios setup before installation
-disable Asmedia USB 3.0
-disable Asmedia SATA

mutibeast

selection follow tony's guide except the following

Audio select ALC898 both non dsdt enabler and patch appleHDA

Graphics depends what graphic card you are using
if using HD4000 there is no full graphic acceleration until next week
chemeleon and chimera update for 10.8.0

ATI 7870 i believes there is no support right now

-Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
os x 10.7.4 ivy bridge

Network
hnak's appleintel1000

edit: new bios cause usb keyboard and mouse not recognize during first boot after installation.
Disable intel network, enable it after get back to the desktop.

@Gaty

I didnt use the mutlibeast USB 3.0 driver
bridger helper 5.0 should give you Intel USB 3.0 support for USB 3.0 device only, no usb 2.0 device working at intel 3.0 usb port at this moment.

usb 3.0 kext from mutibeast might cause sleep problem.
try to remove PXHCD kext in 'Extention' folder

also do you have graphic enabler enable and
multibeast nvidia 4xx/5xx support
10.7.2+ Combo Open CL enabler.

this usually prevent sleep from wakeing up

i assume with the new osx (mountain lion) it should be more easy for do a hackintosh with my hardware , what do you think?

problem with green port audio sound stuttering fix by changing SMBios to IMac 12,2.

so if any of you got the same problem with green audio port not working please post result if changing SMBIOS to IMac 12,2 do solve the problem.

I am still trying to fix the wake from sleep slow down problem :)

edit:
SMbios IMAC 12,2 , 9,1 ,9,2 , give problem to p state switch back to Macpro 3,1 right now.
audio have to either use headphone plug in the front audio panel to work or use orange port for now.

adolfo88 said:
i assume with the new osx (mountain lion) it should be more easy for do a hackintosh with my hardware , what do you think?

i think you have a problem with your radeon 7870 there will be no support unless the new 2012 iMac to come out with Radeon 7000 series graphic card.

There is a new bios update for this board it does fix the windows 7 ACPI conflict.
also there is a super fast boot up option that u can't even hit delete to get into bios.
and the evil ---- windows 8 secure boot option

however it didn't make any difference with wake from sleep slow down problem at hackintosh side.

MAXIMUS V GENE BIOS 1101
1.Improve Improve system stability.
2.Enhance compatibility with some USB devices.
3. Fixed Nvidia GTX 680 hang when runing with UEFI driver.
4.Support new CPUs. Please refer to our website at: http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpus ... uage=en-us
File Size
4,6 (MBytes) 2012.07.20 update

yodaoh said:
adolfo88 said:

i think you have a problem with your radeon 7870 there will be no support unless the new 2012 iMac to come out with Radeon 7000 series graphic card.
yep you are right, if i unplug the card and stay only with the intel HD 4000 on board , it should be ok?
Other thing , the usb drive with the lion must have also the unibest?

yep you are right, if i unplug the card and stay only with the intel HD 4000 on board , it should be ok?
Other thing , the usb drive with the lion must have also the unibest?

you can try leaving your graphic card and just switch to IGpu, HD4000.
it should have fully support using the new chimera 1.11, your usb stick must be made using unibeast or some other boot loader. i think unibeast is the easiest method.

this few days i was trying to patch the 1101 bios. take me a while to learn all the new stuff.
After MSR lock bypass in bios, system works the same as before without the appleintelcpumanagement.kext ivy bridge.
no kernel panic, patch bios must be flash using USB flash back method or asus bud update method.

speed step only generate 2 p state 16 38
wake from sleep instantly, but graphic slow down after wake.
still looking into that.

Hope someone with more knowledge can help me with this one.

edit i switch back to smbios Macpro3,1
p-state is back to normal
24/7/12 3:25:39.000 AM kernel: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 17 18 19 20 36 38
24/7/12 3:25:39.000 AM kernel: MSRDumper CoreMulti(16)
24/7/12 3:25:39.000 AM kernel: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 17 18 19 20 36 38
24/7/12 3:25:40.000 AM kernel: MSRDumper CoreMulti(16)
but audio problem is back have to plug in head phone to get green audio to work or just use the orange port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back