Contribute
Register

DSDT for Asus Maximus V GENE Z77 ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@yodaoh how you bypass the MSR lock ? i can't find a setting like that in bios menu

hi angelfox,

take a look at the sticky of the DSDT thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/43486-asus-1155-patched-bios-repository.html
the option is not selectable in bios. samisnake maintain the asus bios database, however, z77 chipset is not up there yet.

the bios editing and flashing involve risk if not done right.
my bios work fine with Lion native speedstep and sleep without any patching kext.

but i am having problem installing MT 10.8.0.

i will update once i find out how to install Mountain lion correctly using this patch bios.

Cool :)
i died not think that the bios hack worked on z77 bioses.

Let us know how it all goes, I'm properly going to try and install ML when I get off work today.

Im running the latest bios my self

I am struggling to install Mountain, first i thought it was patch bios, so i reflash bios to unmodified 1101, same thing happen.

Lion on SSD Mountain Lion on 10k HD

unmodifed bios 1101 /Lion on SSD Kernel Panic without patch/ /Mountain Lion on 10k HD Kernel Panic without patch/

patch bios 1101 /Lion on SSD system boot up fine/ /Mountain Lion on 10k HD after unibeast 1.5 installation, apply Multibeast 4.6.1 bootloader stuck at apple wheel/

I think the problem here is AMD 6870 Graphic Card, During Mountain Lion 10.8.0 installation i have to switch to IGPU HD4000 to install then swtich back to AMD 6870.

Edit org.chameleon.boot.plist add kernel flag Pcirootuid=1 and npci=0x3000 it boot up to the desktop, i am going to try my old Nvidia card to test.

I am wondering any of you get the mountain lion running.
what bios version and which graphic are you using.

Update: disable Kernel Cache in org.chameleon.boot.plist fix the problem. using kernel cache cause problem it waiting on usb devices to time out. maybe need a dsdt to fix this problem.

hey guys!
yesterday i got my Mountain Lion to work. Bios version 1101(the latest). I intalled it with UNIbeast 1.5 + MUltibeast 4.6.1 (Easybeast kernel + Audio and LAN kexts).

Everything works except Sleep and "normal" speedstepping (i get only x16 and x34). Whith audio i got the same problem, like in LION - orange jack or front panel trick :)

I hope, somebody will help me to get sleep to work.

I noticed , that the boottime became a little bit longer. Will test it tommorow.

does front panel audio work on this board on ML?
and any hope of sleep working soon?

@ yodaoh,

i didn't install the nullcpupowermanagement.kext with multibeast.
Was the nullcpupowermanagement.kext installed automatically by easybeast? Did you mean /System/Library/Extensions directory?

thank you for helping me:)

@extrafuzzyllama
i can test it for you tomorrow or on sunday, if you want.

@ yodaoh,

i didn't install the nullcpupowermanagement.kext with multibeast.
Was the nullcpupowermanagement.kext installed automatically by easybeast? Did you mean /System/Library/Extensions directory?

thank you for helping me:)

@extrafuzzyllama
i can test it for you tomorrow or on sunday, if you want.

that would be great thanks.
and does 2 speakers like the maudio av40 work if connected to back?

@extrafuzzyllama

i have no idea about maudio av40 ,but my logitech x230 works very well connected to back :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back