Contribute
Register

DSDT Editor not patching DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very confused about editing the kexts. First of all when I try to use radeon bios decode I get an error (see attached picture). Second, I am still a little confused about what i need to edit in the kext. Third, I am using a modified version of the Duckweed frame buffer so that I can use HDMI, will that interfere with editing the frame buffer?

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 191
I am very confused about editing the kexts. First of all when I try to use radeon bios decode I get an error (see attached picture). Second, I am still a little confused about what i need to edit in the kext. Third, I am using a modified version of the Duckweed frame buffer so that I can use HDMI, will that interfere with editing the frame buffer?
Attach the dsdt and IOReg. The amd_hd_5xxx/6xxx_hdmi_audio_case_studies download provides example framebuffer edits. Use HexEdit to see the HDMI connector in the Duckweed framebuffer of the edited kext. The terminal conversation does not look correct. Where did you get the VGA BIOS?

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Pieman.zip
    669.2 KB · Views: 78
I have attached the DSDT and the IOReg. I downloaded the VGA BIOS from Tech PowerUp
dsdt/HDEF is not correct. Edit the dsdt/HDEF, install, restart, verify onboard is working and reply with new IOReg. The correct terminal command is: ./radeon_bios_decode < HD6850.rom.

What should I edit in the DSDT to make the layout id right?

Thank you soooo much. When I applied the edited DSDT from my third post I got all of the audio devices, including working HDMI audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back