1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have followed todola's guide for hdmi audio in mountain lion, but when I get to the point of patching my DSDT I select the patch txt file and click patch. Sometimes I will get "411 error" then I would click fix errors and then I would close it. Next I would save it as an aml. Then I would check for the edits and they would not be there. I will attach a copy of my IOReg when I get home. Thanks in advance!

Edit: Here is my IOReg

Attachments

• Piemanioreg.zip
    647.4 KB · Views: 112
I have followed todola's guide for hdmi audio in mountain lion, but when I get to the point of patching my DSDT I select the patch txt file and click patch. Sometimes I will get "411 error" then I would click fix errors and then I would close it. Next I would save it as an aml. Then I would check for the edits and they would not be there. I will attach a copy of my IOReg when I get home. Thanks in advance!
It is very difficult to help without the dsdt with the problem. Attach the unedited dsdt.dsl, the edited dsdt.dsl or dsdt.aml and the patch file.

Ok here are the unedited DSDT, the edited DSDT, and the patch file.

Attachments

• edited dsdt.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 101
  • unedited dsdt.zip
    6 KB · Views: 106
  • patch.zip
    2 KB · Views: 96
Ok here are the unedited DSDT, the edited DSDT, and the patch file.
I do not get the 411 error. The original dsdt has 10 Warnings. The edited dsdt compiles fine. When I apply the HDMI audio edit file to the original dsdt, I get an edited dsdt that compiles fine. Can you replicate the error?

By the way, if you want to eliminate the warning, edit CreateByteField to CreateWordField for each line with the error.

i am starting to have a feeling that for me DSDT editor is not working correctly. I have registered with olarilla.com and downloaded it from the link that is provided in the readme.pdf. No matter what i do I get the error, and I am not sure if this is related but my search does not work either. If i click on the search icon nothing happens.

i am starting to have a feeling that for me DSDT editor is not working correctly. I have registered with olarilla.com and downloaded it from the link that is provided in the readme.pdf. No matter what i do I get the error, and I am not sure if this is related but my search does not work either. If i click on the search icon nothing happens.
Find (search) works, click in the window with the dsdt, select Find and a dialog box opens. I have no idea what is wrong.

Well now I can open the patch, and verify that the edits are there. When I do they are all there, but then after I save it as an aml, and reopen it the patches arent there.

Well now I can open the patch, and verify that the edits are there. When I do they are all there, but then after I save it as an aml, and reopen it the patches arent there.
Follow the guide exactly. Save dsdt.aml to the Desktop. Copy Desktop/dsdt.aml to Extra/

Well now I was finally able to install a DSDT with the edits. It has goten rid of the line in, line out... (that does not matter to me) but I do not have HDMI audio. I am not sure what I did wrong. Attached is a copy of my IOReg

Attachments

• Pieman IOReg.zip
    623.4 KB · Views: 75
Well now I was finally able to install a DSDT with the edits. It has goten rid of the line in, line out... (that does not matter to me) but I do not have HDMI audio. I am not sure what I did wrong. Attached is a copy of my IOReg
Without the dsdt, can't say what is wrong with onboard. Anyway, I see a problem with HDEF/layout-id, should be 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00. Regarding HDMI audio, edit the Duckweed framebuffer for HDMI audio. See Lion HDMI Audio - Part 3a: Kext Edits - AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back