Contribute
Register

DSDT Database: Gigabyte Sandy Bridge 1155 - 1st Draft [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DSDT Database: Gigabyte Sandy Bridge 1155 AVAILABLE NOW!

danielnmaldonado said:
dsdt.Francis.zip

Thanks, I'll try and report.

mbd320a said:
I have the P67A-UD3R-B3 motherboard with an i7-2600k processor. I am using the F4 DSDT with everything going reasonably well. The only kexts in Extras are FakeSMC, IOAHCIblockstorageinjector and ALC8xxHDA.

Sleep works(?). It goes to sleep okay and wakes with the keyboard but all USB after that fails except the mouse, weird. The USB drives give the error that they weren't dismounted and may have errors. I read on one of Tony's threads about waking from sleep using the power button to overcome the keyboard issue but the USB drive problem persists. I am not skilled enough to edit the DSDT or whatever I may have to do to fix the problem, and it doesn't bother me that much so at this stage I don't invoke sleep. My personality however, dictates that at some point I will fix the problems.

I'm having the exact same problem with my GA-P67A-UD3. I have only read scattered reports of this... so doesn't seem as though it affects everyone... would definitely like to get this fixed!

Francis said:

I installed it.

System boot with NullCPUPM, KP without it at AppleIntelCPUPM.kext, as it does without DSDT.
Sleeps do not work (it cannot be awaken).

USB2 (Z68), Sata3 (Z68) & Firewire works.
USB3 (ASMedia chip), eSata (JMicron), BT do not work.

In fact, it does not change anything as far as I can see.

I ran 10.6.7 with 10.7.4 kernel and AppleIntelCPUPM + AppleIntelCPUPMClient from iMac2011 10.6.7 update.

Tried with or without Intel SpeedStep, same result.

Francis said:
Francis said:

I installed it.

System boot with NullCPUPM, KP without it at AppleIntelCPUPM.kext, as it does without DSDT.
Sleeps do not work (it cannot be awaken).

USB2 (Z68), Sata3 (Z68) & Firewire works.
USB3 (ASMedia chip), eSata (JMicron), BT do not work.

In fact, it does not change anything as far as I can see.

I ran 10.6.7 with 10.7.4 kernel and AppleIntelCPUPM + AppleIntelCPUPMClient from iMac2011 10.6.7 update.

Tried with or without Intel SpeedStep, same result.

SLEEP
nativePM + USB fix(if you need)
SANDYBRIDGE = NO NativePM at moment
Wait for it

send me a kextstat
run on terminal

mbd320a said:
I have the P67A-UD3R-B3 motherboard with an i7-2600k processor. I am using the F4 DSDT with everything going reasonably well. The only kexts in Extras are FakeSMC, IOAHCIblockstorageinjector and ALC8xxHDA.

Sleep works(?). It goes to sleep okay and wakes with the keyboard but all USB after that fails except the mouse, weird. The USB drives give the error that they weren't dismounted and may have errors.
Much thanks goes to this community.

Are you connecting it to the front USB2 or on the bak off the BOX ?
Try connecting it to the back USB2 on the moderbord

And it you front USB is USB3 and you connect it to USB2 you can get problems, I had
BT on my box was 100% working and then i put the moderbord in the box and the BT kb and mouse start to disconnect and go very slow.

try it

Alf :D

i am in front of my machine right now praying to the gods that this works.

I'm looking for a decent overclocking motherboard to a hackint0sh and my initial toughs were with the Asus P8P67 (or PRO) however the Asus boards doesn't seem to play to well with hackint0shes so right now the Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3 looks like my primary choice as it's the GB equivalent of the P8P67 Pro.

However I heard about problems with booting overclocked and such on the Gigabyte-boards before, is all that fixed now and everything working well? In the DSDT DB it says GA-P67-UD4-B3>F4, what does the F4 stand for and is it anything that I should be worried about?

My plans is to run a 2600k around 5ish GHz.

ok i have an issue i was able to install with Kernal Panic but i cant boot without using the CD and typing in PCIRootUID=1 at the boot menu.

if i dont type this in the install just hangs there and does nothing and then the screen turns goes black and into standby mode.

i was able to get the network drivers working and both ports are working nicely. don't really care about audio cause i use the computer for a studio production system and i use a pcie digital in out sound-card with external converters and monitoring system etc.

sometimes if i plug in an external USB drive i get a Kernal Panic.....

i dont understand Kext beast, where are we supposed to get the actual kexts from?

i used maldons DSDT patcher.

im using z68x-ud7 b3, bios version 6

also i noticed that i used the I mac settings in multibeast but it still shows up as MacPro3,1.

also despite picking 64bit Kernal in the options it still says....

64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No

Woops forgot to install Bridge Helper. by doing so i just fixed all the booting and 64bit Kernel issues.

is there a Kext or fix for SATA 3 support? wouldnt mind going to the shop and buying a couple of vertex 3 SSD's and running them @ 6GB/s speeds on this setup to get some extra responsivess out of this machine.... :headbang:

also with kextbeast do we have to use some specific kexts or can we just grab the kext with the same name from anywhere on the web?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back