Contribute
Register

dreaded result for 1st timer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the "EFI-200418-3" file from above, I would try moving everything in the CLOVER/kexts/10.15 folder into the CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, AND either deleting "VirtualSMC.kext" OR keeping that, and deleting "FakeSMC.kext" because those two kexts are not compatible and probably conflict.
[Edit: In the config.plist, the link in post #4 is relevant for entries in the "Patches" field of the "ACPI" window. In the "Arguments" field of the "Boot" window, "nv_disable=1" is not necessary since it applies only to Nvidia graphics cards. Also you might want to right-click in that field to review any boot arguments you think you might need. In the "Graphics" window, do you really need the "Inject Intel" box checked? Try without.

I've not built a Hackintosh yet that requires the "AppleIntelCPUPM" box to be checked in the "Kernel and Kext Patches" window, but maybe you need that. And are you sure you don't need the "Black Screen Patch" in the "List of Patches" drop-down menu below that window?

In the "Rt Variables" window, you might try resetting the "CSRActiveConfig" value from 0x3 to 0x67 at least temporarily (until you have a successful boot sequence).

Maybe only cosmetic, I don't know, but in the "SMBIOS" window, try going to that little up/down arrow box way over on the right and clicking on the "iMac 14,2" line. You will find that it results in filling in all the currently blank fields for that window.

None of the above may help, of course... I'm on Mojave and my system is way different from yours. Just some thoughts.]

Last edited:
I move the kexts from clover/kexts/10.15 to clover/kexts/other
I'm still stuck on the same spot. I built another new usb, verified the bios settings with the same result as my first post.

I attach the current EFI that is hanging.

I also saw in another troubleshooting thread to have clover build the ACPI/origin directory. I attach those results too in case they reveal something about my hardware. The are *not* in the EFI that is halting on apfs 1689.
you don't appear to have any kexts in clover/kexts/other

also missing acpi folder

I'm flummoxed. I attach the output of these two terminal commands below.
ls -al /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
and
ls -al /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/*

What on earth am I doing wrong?

of course I missed the attachment in my confused state ...

Attachments

• filesSeemThereQQ.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 49
of course I missed the attachment in my confused state ...
you need to upload your clover folder, with all files and folders in it

current CLOVER attached

[Paraphrasing wstrohm suggestions

CLOVER/kexts/10.15 folder into CLOVER/kexts/Other, done
"VirtualSMC.kext", kept
"FakeSMC.kext", deleted
"nv_disable=1" removed
"Inject Intel" unchecked
I"AppleIntelCPUPM" now un-checked
"Black Screen Patch" added
"CSRActiveConfig" value from 0x3 to 0x67 suggestion done
"SMBIOS" suggestion done

----------- now my attempt reports the following
[PCI configuration begin ]
AppleNVMe Assert failed: ( 0 != data ) { .... IONVMeController.cpp line 5478}
virtual IOReturn ...
virtual IOReturn ...
apfs_module_start:1689: load: com.apple.filesystems.apfs ...
[ PCI configuration ends ]
[ PCI configuration begins ]
console relocated to 0xc0000000
[ PCI configuration end, bridges 11, devices 101 ]

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 37
Is your storage device "MacHDD" a NVMe SSD?
It is an uninitialized drive awaiting formatting by the USB installer. Is this the problem? Do I need to install the OS on the NVMe first?

2 - My sources:
Unibeast 10.0.1

Hoping that is a typo: your UniBeast app should be version 10.1.0-4 (from tonymac'x Downloads page.

It is an uninitialized drive awaiting formatting by the USB installer. Is this the problem? Do I need to install the OS on the NVMe first?

I assumed that you are indeed trying to install Mac OS Catalina on your NVMe SSD. But what is the brand and model of the SSD? There have been problems reported with the Samsung EVO Plus NVMe SSD, for instance, but not with the "regular" EVO model, and I had no problem with my Samsung 970 Pro SSDs on both my "Mini ITX 4" and my "Mini ITX 3" Hackintoshes. If you are using a Samsung 970 EVO Plus, post back here; there have been threads on this subject.

Also, my systems did not require it, but in Clover Configurator there is an option to install a driver called "NVMexpressDxe" which (due to your hardware) you might need. You can get to that by mounting your EFI partition, clicking on CC's left column's "Install Drivers" menu item, and scrolling down (in the lower "DRIVERS UEFI 64 BIT" window) to find that driver, and checking in its box. Then if you click the "Download" button at the bottom of that window, you should see the install results show up in the upper right corner of the window. You can check the result in your CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder.

Don't know if this will help, but maybe...

Hoping that is a typo: your UniBeast app should be version 10.1.0-4 (from tonymac'x Downloads page.

I assumed that you are indeed trying to install Mac OS Catalina on your NVMe SSD. But what is the brand and model of the SSD? There have been problems reported with the Samsung EVO Plus NVMe SSD, for instance, but not with the "regular" EVO model, and I had no problem with my Samsung 970 Pro SSDs on both my "Mini ITX 4" and my "Mini ITX 3" Hackintoshes. If you are using a Samsung 970 EVO Plus, post back here; there have been threads on this subject.

Also, my systems did not require it, but in Clover Configurator there is an option to install a driver called "NVMexpressDxe" which (due to your hardware) you might need. You can get to that by mounting your EFI partition, clicking on CC's left column's "Install Drivers" menu item, and scrolling down (in the lower "DRIVERS UEFI 64 BIT" window) to find that driver, and checking in its box. Then if you click the "Download" button at the bottom of that window, you should see the install results show up in the upper right corner of the window. You can check the result in your CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder.

Don't know if this will help, but maybe...

Yes, the version I have been using is 10.1.0-4; I only noted the digits on the opening screen, I did use the help menu to locate the -4.

The brand of the NVMe is the Sabrent Rocket model. I gave the NVMexpressDxe a try and the attempt to boot the installer failed much sooner, so I backed it out. ** Should I put the NVMe into an adapter, install Catalina on it from another computer then put it into the hackintosh hardware? **

I've started over again, following the Catalina guide and applied the steps that people have recommended that I either understand or seem to be helping, and avoided the steps that appeared to be a setback.

** After copying SSDT-EC.aml into /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, do I need to find it in CloverConfigurator and register it (e.g. [CloverConfigurator]Acpi->DSDT {list of patches...}? **

I'm attaching the current /EFI/CLOVER folder

I've read enough of the forum now to really appreciate how difficult this is. It is very unlikely I will ever be able to write my own patches, but I'm willing to follow any systematic procedure to get my hardware booting.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 39
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back