CPU
AMD Ryzen 5900x
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've installed High Sierra, and have most of it working.

But I can't get my Bluetooth to work, and I believe it's because of my USB problem.

When I open the system report, it doesn't have ANY USB2-busses or ports. Everything is picking up as USB 3. My mouse, keyboard and Bluetooth are all detected as being plugged into USB 3 ports, even though that's not the case.

How do I fix this. I've tried almost all of the kexts, I've tried building a custom SSDT as per KPG's guide, no luck.

Please help.

I've installed High Sierra, and have most of it working.

But I can't get my Bluetooth to work, and I believe it's because of my USB problem.

When I open the system report, it doesn't have ANY USB2-busses or ports. Everything is picking up as USB 3. My mouse, keyboard and Bluetooth are all detected as being plugged into USB 3 ports, even though that's not the case.

How do I fix this. I've tried almost all of the kexts, I've tried building a custom SSDT as per KPG's guide, no luck.

Please help.

It is as expected.
Your board has no EHCI controller, therefore everything under xHCI, therefore "USB 3.0 bus".

Thank you for the explanation RehabMan. Can you please point me in the right direction to start fixing it. Total noob.

Thanks again.

Awesome, thank you.

Will work through and report back.

I've tried to work my way through it, but I'm just utterly lost.

Is there a guide for dummies version (with little pictures included) out there somewhere? I don't think winging it is going to solve this one as it's a very complex solution. Also, seeing as I have a X299 board (with a ASM hub) I am going to need someone to hold my hand.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Note: Probably no native support for X299... will likely require a new injector kext. Reply in thread with "Problem Reporting" data.
Hello Rehabman,

Can you please advise that I'm on the right track.

1. I don't have EHCI, so I don't have to load those patches.
  2. XHCI controller must be named XHC, using clover patch.
  3. install USBInjectAll.kext using KCPM or Kext Utility
  4. Add port limit patch (don't know which one)
  5. Add XHCI-200-series-injector.kext (must this go into the kext folder in Clover?)
Once there, I should be able to navigate the detection process, but I'm very unsure of the first part.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Rehabman,

Can you please advise that I'm on the right track.

1. I don't have EHCI, so I don't have to load those patches.
  2. XHCI controller must be named XHC, using clover patch.
  3. install USBInjectAll.kext using KCPM or Kext Utility
  4. Add port limit patch (don't know which one)
  5. Add XHCI-200-series-injector.kext (must this go into the kext folder in Clover?)
Once there, I should be able to navigate the detection process, but I'm very unsure of the first part.

Thanks in advance.

All kexts you need should be installed to the system volume.
There is only one port limit patch in the current config_patches.plist appropriate for 10.12.x.

Cool,

So 1,2 and 3 I've done right.
4 - I added the kext from (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All/raw/master/config_patches.plist). There are 3 versions, so I selected the one that says 10.13.
5 - I must install XHCI-200-series-injector.kext using KCMP.

Is that right?

Then one further question. If I do something wrong, how do I remove a kext that's been installed into my system? Can I simply navigate there and delete the file?

Thanks Rehabman.

Cool,

So 1,2 and 3 I've done right.
4 - I added the kext from (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All/raw/master/config_patches.plist). There are 3 versions, so I selected the one that says 10.13.
5 - I must install XHCI-200-series-injector.kext using KCMP.

Is that right?

Then one further question. If I do something wrong, how do I remove a kext that's been installed into my system? Can I simply navigate there and delete the file?

Thanks Rehabman.

No idea what KCMP is.
I use Terminal to install kexts:
Code:
sudo cp -R KextToInstall.kext /Library/Extensions

And rebuild cache:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back