Contribute
Register

Does someone get HDMI Audio on GTX 650 TI to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luck has nothing to do with this. Patcher can't set layout to 0x2. IOReg????????

It does that. Perhaps because there is another ALC889a audio on the mobo (using optical in absence of HDMI audio).
Here is current IOReg export and original and patched DSDTs...

Attachments

• Home.zip
    428.1 KB · Views: 113
  • dsdt-original.aml
    16.2 KB · Views: 133
  • dsdt-patched.aml
    16.4 KB · Views: 137
It does that. Perhaps because there is another ALC889a audio on the mobo (using optical in absence of HDMI audio).
Here is current IOReg export and original and patched DSDTs...
There is no evidence you used "suggested hdmi_audio_award_5_series_amd-nvidia_discrete_graphics" in the edited dsdt. It is normal to have no luck when you make up your own method.

Lion HDMI Audio - Part 3b: Kext Edits - Nvidia, see
1. Nvidia GT/S/X 4xx and GT/S/X 5xx Graphics Cards (and the GT 240)
a. Additional DSDT edits
Note: Applies to GT/S/X 6xx Graphics Cards

Toleda,

Finally got a time with all information you have provided during 10.8.3 upgrade and you know - all works good.
It appears I was applying patches with wrong application. MaciASL did job properly - thanks a lot!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-30 at 01.33.08 .png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-30 at 01.33.08 .png
    63.3 KB · Views: 510
Hi,

I have just added the EVGA GTX 650 TI Boost card to my rig. I noticed the advice earlier in this thread from Toleda who said that "DSDT edits are mandatory".

This confused me because of (a) TonyMac's comment somewhere that 10.8.3 provides native support for this GPU card and (b) the Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH motherboard that I have is supposed to be "DSDT-free".

I would appreciate an explanation about whether I do in fact need to do some extra config work for this card. It is working out of the box (with GraphicsEnabler=No) but, like others, I cannot get audio from the HDMI output.

Thanks!!

Hi,
I have just added the EVGA GTX 650 TI Boost card to my rig. I noticed the advice earlier in this thread from Toleda who said that "DSDT edits are mandatory".

This confused me because of (a) TonyMac's comment somewhere that 10.8.3 provides native support for this GPU card and (b) the Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH motherboard that I have is supposed to be "DSDT-free".
Thanks!!

They are talking about three different things.
(i) the "DSDT Free" comment is about the current generation of Gigabyte motherboards not requiring a DSDT to successfully run ML. You can extract or add a DSDT if you wish to enable certain features (e.g. (iii) below)
(ii) native graphics support for many nVidia 6xx generation (Kepler) graphics cards is present in 10.8.3, including the 650 series.
(iii) Toleda's comment about mandatory DSDT edits is about getting these graphics cards to support audio output on the HDMI port (without these, you should have video only). This does not negate (i).

Thanks. So the bottom line is that even on a DSDT-free motherboard such as the Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH you still have to create a DSDT specifically to enable audio on the HDMI port, right?

So, let me ask this: other than the hack "thrill" of making it work (which I get), what is the point of doing all that work if you can already acquire digital audio from the optical port?

Thanks. So the bottom line is that even on a DSDT-free motherboard such as the Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH you still have to create a DSDT specifically to enable audio on the HDMI port, right?

So, let me ask this: other than the hack "thrill" of making it work (which I get), what is the point of doing all that work if you can already acquire digital audio from the optical port?

A lot of people connect to their HDTV, which don't have optical inputs for audio, so you need the HDMI audio, if using the HDTV speakers. Thats one reason, another is use with AV receivers, makes easier setup if feeding audio and video thru it.

10.8.4 broke my audio, while reverting back to patched AppleHDA with DSDT from MB5.3.1 i can see the HDMI device but having no sound output

VLC player outputs audio via HDMI with Dolby Digital as example but not with system sounds

Attachments

• ioreg_dsdt.zip
    493.2 KB · Views: 93
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back