Contribute
Register

Does Skylake work with El Capitan and which motherboard should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonymac recommends Skylake but I was also told that they're meant not for El Capitan but for Sierra instead. Is that true?

I was thinking getting GTX970 for GPU and i3-6100 for CPU (i3-4360 if Skylake doesn't work with Capitan). It's for gaming rig. Which motherboard could you recommend? Up to $150. It will be a side PC only for gaming.

Last edited:
Skylake works great with El Capitan.

Tonymac recommends Skylake but I was also told that they're meant not for El Capitan but for Sierra instead. Is that true?

I was thinking getting GTX970 for GPU and i3-6100 for CPU (i3-4360 if Skylake doesn't work with Capitan). It's for gaming rig. Which motherboard could you recommend?

I suggest you do a lot of reading on this site before you start purchasing hardware.

I was thinking getting GTX970 for GPU and i3-6100 for CPU (i3-4360 if Skylake doesn't work with Capitan). It's for gaming rig. Which motherboard could you recommend?
I have a i7 6700 (none K) and it works great. Just toook me 4 days to get working 100%

Implying I haven't. If you see a problem with current parts, why don't you mention it?
What I did is just googled my motherboard and then hackintosh (hackintosh with gigabyte z170x) and see if some had any luck for it. Then u know that part is compatible. Then do this with all ur parts.

W
What I did is just googled my motherboard and then hackintosh (hackintosh with gigabyte z170x) and see if some had any luck for it. Then u know that part is compatible. Then do this with all ur parts.
what I found is that bios settings are extremely important. 1 setting off or on can cause error or a fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back