CPU
i7-7800x
Graphics
GTX 1070Ti Founders Edition
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm a first timer and I'm trying to get HS installed on my desktop. For whatever reason I can't even boot into my USB to install to my SSD. Every time I try I'm met with the Prohibited sign and when I try to boot in verbose I'm met with the ever so ambiguous "does printf work??" output. I'm at a loss for where to go. I've scoured for answers on this forum, insanelymac and even ****** and couldn't find a fix that worked for me. I've tried booting with a number of different flags, messing with slide values, using updated versions of clover, updated .efi files, new kexts, and so far nothing has worked.

Maybe I missed something because I'm new. I'm not sure. Does anybody have any wisdom they can impart on me or any suggestions that I may not have tried? Is all my hardware compatible? I imagine I should at least be able to boot...

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a first timer and I'm trying to get HS installed on my desktop. For whatever reason I can't even boot into my USB to install to my SSD. Every time I try I'm met with the Prohibited sign and when I try to boot in verbose I'm met with the ever so ambiguous "does printf work??" output. I'm at a loss for where to go. I've scoured for answers on this forum, insanelymac and even ****** and couldn't find a fix that worked for me. I've tried booting with a number of different flags, messing with slide values, using updated versions of clover, updated .efi files, new kexts, and so far nothing has worked.

Maybe I missed something because I'm new. I'm not sure. Does anybody have any wisdom they can impart on me or any suggestions that I may not have tried? Is all my hardware compatible? I imagine I should at least be able to boot...

Thanks for any help.

I got this message while installing, what fixed my problem was booting from the boot drive instead of the install drive (Don't choose boot MacOS from Install Drive or Preboot). Hope this help.

I got this message while installing, what fixed my problem was booting from the boot drive instead of the install drive (Don't choose boot MacOS from Install Drive or Preboot). Hope this help.
Can you elaborate a bit more? I still haven't been able to boot into MacOS. All the other boot options in Clover just boot into windows, so I'm not sure what you're suggesting I try.

Thanks.

Try booting with slide=0.
If that does not help substitute AptioMemoryFix for 0sxaptioFix2Drv or OsxAptioFixDrv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back