CPU
Intel i7 4790 16GB RAM
Graphics
Geforce gv-n1070ixoc-8gd
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've recently upgraded to High Sierra from El Capitan.

After installing for 40 mins (on an SSD drive) and few restarts, I ended up with an exclamation image on the screen. When I booted with -v it gave the cryptic error "does printf work?" with some other error messages. It all directed to the OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi file somehow. I've been searching around the forums. But none of the solutions worked for me.

Here's what I have in my drivers64UEFI folder:
apfs.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi
OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi

And here's what I have in my "Kexts/Other" folder:
FakeSMC.kext (it's a new one)
Lilu.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
OS-X-USB-Inject-All-master
RealtekRTL81xx.kext
USBInjectAll.kext

What I've tried so far:

I've tried changing the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi file to OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and Test2-2016.efi

None of them worked.

My boot args are as follows:
dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 -lilubeta -igfxbeta -alcbeta

I have Nvidia Web drivers injected in the config file.

I tried boot args without the lilu stuff, and even tried deleting all of them and just booting with -v only. Tried with -nv_disable=1 as well.

Nothing worked.

I sometimes get different errors, especially when I try with different OscAptio files. But there's always the "does printf work?" error at the end and it hangs up.

I'm using clover boot loader with the version v2.4k r4359

When I'm trying to boot there are three more boot options, one of them is the recover option.

The other two options start installing something with the apple sign and everything but it restarts after and nothing happens, it seems like a restart loop.

I'm out of options right now. I'd rather get this one working without a clean install if possible.

I can access my EFI partition from windows so I'm attaching my EFI folder here just in case.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24 MB · Views: 99
Tankun, Sorry to hear. I rcvd same error after attempting a safe boot from my usb. I'm afraid I can't help, but am anxiously awaiting any feedback anyone can offer. Good luck. David

When I booted with -v it gave the cryptic error "does printf work?"
I read somewhere it was suggested this was a problem with the prelinked kernel. Hopefully you uninstalled 10.11 hackintosh related kexts before upgrading. Rebuild the caches from single user mode:
Code:
kextcache -i /
Rebuild the caches from recovery/installer environment:
Code:
kextcache -i /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD
If you didn't remove 10.11 hackintosh related kexts you can also do it from recovery/installer.

Also you don't really want to use CsrActiveConfig 0x3 for installing/upgrading. As there are no real disadvantages to setting the rest of the bits compared to only file system + kexts (in any use case), you can set it to 0x3FF all the time and let clover set the value. The default in CloverISO is 0x3E7.

After all that i was looking for the original link to where i read about this being an issue with the prelinked kernel and instead found someone claiming to have the solution to the printf error. Here.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.1 KB · Views: 275
I see, well i hadn't uninstalled the old kexts unfortunately. I did what you said though, replaced your config with mine, opened up the recovery and rebuild the caches in the manner you said and it went though actually. Some of the kexts were removed but in the end it did not work. Still the same error when booting.

I also checked out the link you told me.

Here's the code in that thread for rebuilding kext cache:

Code:
sudo -s
rm -f /Volumes/VOLUME/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
rm -R /Volumes/VOLUME/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches
touch /Volumes/VOLUME/System/Library/Extensions
kextcache -u /Volumes/VOLUME

I just couldn't execute the commands properly since sudo command did not work. For some reason when i type sudo it says "command not found". So obviously the other commands did not go through, giving the "read only" error. The other commands (rm, touch) work though.

I checked the net for the sudo problem, tried many solutions but none of them worked. I mean I'm not good with linux commands anyway so I might not have understood some of the solutions. None of them were explicit at least.

I wonder if it's doing the same thing as your code or is this something a bit more?

Try dropping MATS in clover ACPI. I think that is what fixed mine having that error

Try dropping MATS in clover ACPI. I think that is what fixed mine having that error

So you mean adding these lines in the Clover config in the ACPI section?
Code:
<key>DropTables</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Signature</key>
<string>MATS</string>
</dict>
</array>

Well I did and it did not work either...

In your original post at #1 you said
I've recently upgraded to High Sierra from El Capitan.
After installing for 40 mins (on an SSD drive) and few restarts, I ended up with an exclamation image on the screen. When I booted with -v it gave the cryptic error "does printf work?" with some other error messages. It all directed to the OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi file somehow. I've been searching around the forums. But none of the solutions worked for me.

Did you upgrade your existing Clover.EFI of the El Capitan OS X 10.11.x before you tried upgrading to macOS High Sierra ?
What version of Clover.EFI was installed on el Capitan? What Version of macOS High Sierra you were upgrading to?

In your original post at #1 you said

Did you upgrade your existing Clover.EFI of the El Capitan OS X 10.11.x before you tried upgrading to macOS High Sierra ?
What version of Clover.EFI was installed on el Capitan? What Version of macOS High Sierra you were upgrading to?

Yes I had. My previous Clover version in ElCapitan was r3599 and I had upgraded that to r4359 before upgrading. That's all I did by the way. (Silly me, trying to upgrade a hackintosh without reading upgrade guides first). I tried to upgrade to High Sierra a few days ago so it must be the latest one 10.13.2

Yes I had. My previous Clover version in ElCapitan was r3599 and I had upgraded that to r4359 before upgrading. That's all I did by the way. (Silly me, trying to upgrade a hackintosh without reading upgrade guides first). I tried to upgrade to High Sierra a few days ago so it must be the latest one 10.13.2
  • The "Printf error" you mentioned is occurring before the boot device can reach CBM screen , Right?
    • If so can you upload the screen shot of your BIOS Boot Option priorities List in their entirety?
  • Is this error error occurring after the device is booted off the CBM screen?
    • If so can you upload the screen shot of CBM screen?

For me , removing the slide=0 from the boot option solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back