Does Intel's New X79 Support Lion? [SOCKET 2011]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: If intel new X79 support lion?

Hexa said:
1.9.1 is not
you have to install it Chimera v1.9
see this page>> http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 7&start=20

Why is this broken again in 1.9.1? Or was it taken out because in realyity it is not a XEON processor?

@Hexa? How did you get the ALC898 to work like you did? I am just using Voodoo universal drivers. I also see the AppleSMC kexts running on you system.

To fix the unknown cpu just add this to your "smbios.plist" it works with all bootloaders.

<key>SMcputype</key>
<string>1281</string>

To fix the unknown AHCI controller on a Asus X79 Pro install the AppleAHCIPort.kext I've edited. It might work on some other x79 boards.

I've also compiled a working dsdt for the Asus x79 Pro board. It might need some fixes if someone can do it. You can try it out. I still have not been able to get sleep or speedstep working.

Any further help would be great.

Attachments

• AppleAHCIPort.kext.zip
    107.7 KB · Views: 227
  • DSDT.aml
    31.4 KB · Views: 127

asus x79 pro not sleep yet,right?

RAMPAGE ? EXTREME sleep working?

plz advice to me thanks

Hexa said:
kurtface said:
All X79 boards and CPU's are not supported by OSX yet. this is why the CPU is shown as unknown and why speedstep and turboboost do not work and its the same in 10.8. Set a fixed CPU multiplier.

In your bios press F5 for default settings. Reboot. Then change the Ai settings to XMP or Manuell then turn off spedstep and turboboost. then change the multiplier to a fixed number. Or just do it automatically with ai suite in windows. Works fine for me.

Restart and shutdown work fine but just a little slow at times. Sleep does not work.

If you want to save money shut the system off when your not working. Boot times on a good sata 3 ssd are under 20 seconds. But if you really need it to work then buy a mac pro with the same performance for more then twice the price.

Dont forget that its a hack!

Over deze Mac.png
System Info.png
1.png
9.png

my motherboard is working full

auto sleep working?

choory said:
asus x79 pro not sleep yet,right?

RAMPAGE ? EXTREME sleep working?

plz advice to me thanks

That's weird I wonder why the Asus X79 board does not sleep but the Rampage does. Same manufacturer, same chipset, really strange indeed.

I am struggling to part with an extra R2000 just to have a working sleep function. Was almost settled on the Asus P9X79 board but now I think Rampage is perhaps better.

mitchellk said:
That's weird I wonder why the Asus X79 board does not sleep but the Rampage does. Same manufacturer, same chipset, really strange indeed.

I am struggling to part with an extra R2000 just to have a working sleep function. Was almost settled on the Asus P9X79 board but now I think Rampage is perhaps better.

thank you so much!~

i dont know r2000..what r2000?wi-fi?

choory said:
mitchellk said:

thank you so much!~

i dont know r2000..what r2000?wi-fi?

Sorry I'm in South Africa, that's 2000 Rand

Actually I was wrong the Rampage IV X79 is only R1000 ($130) more expensive than the Asus P9X79 Deluxe so I think I will just go with the Rampage IV X79 board :)

Hold on. Nobody has said sleep works on any x79 board yet.

kurtface said:

HEXXA board full working said..

choory said:
kurtface said:

HEXA said full working

Rampage IV Extreme board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back