Register

Does Intel's New X79 Support Lion? [SOCKET 2011]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: If intel new X79 support lion?

mitchellk said:
choory said:
mitchellk said:
That's weird I wonder why the Asus X79 board does not sleep but the Rampage does. Same manufacturer, same chipset, really strange indeed.

I am struggling to part with an extra R2000 just to have a working sleep function. Was almost settled on the Asus P9X79 board but now I think Rampage is perhaps better.

thank you so much!~

i dont know r2000..what r2000?wi-fi?

Sorry I'm in South Africa, that's 2000 Rand

Actually I was wrong the Rampage IV X79 is only R1000 ($130) more expensive than the Asus P9X79 Deluxe so I think I will just go with the Rampage IV X79 board :)

that's ok

i'm in korea! x79 pro better $150 expensive Rampage IV Extreme..

so i think!

hahah

kurtface said:
Hold on. Nobody has said sleep works on any x79 board yet.

Sorry, I am being really THICK today.
I read incorrectly on the previous page, my bad.

I am really not sure to choose P9X79 Deluxe, P9X79 Pro or Rampage IV Extreme.

I'm not too worried about sleep I never put my hack to sleep anyway I always do a full shut down. What I am more interested in is that everything works, I'm also not too worried if the CPU shows as unknown as long as it still works. I need Sound, LAN, Sata ports and USB ports and I'm ok to go.

Can anyone confirm on X79: (Not shown in HEXA's post)

- are USB 3.0 ports are working?
- extra SATA 6Gb/s ports (Marvell / AsMedia Controller)
- display sleep, does it wake ?

Hexa has not confirmed if speedstep or sleep work. Mine works fine apart from those 2 things. Usb3 works but only at usb2 speed. It might be fixed soon.

kurtface said:
Hexa has not confirmed if speedstep or sleep work. Mine works fine apart from those 2 things. Usb3 works but only at usb2 speed. It might be fixed soon.

I can live without speedstep and sleep, I'm sure the community will have all this running soon enough. Also having only USB 2.0 speeds is not a problem, it's what I have now anyway :)

I wouldn't be upgrading right now had it not been for a lightning strike which knocked out the audio components of my DX58SO. The DX58SO has been an absolute star with running OSX86.

I was going to go for the Intel DX79SI board because I generally find Intel boards to be incredibly stable but now I am considering the Asus. Decisions, decisions, decisions :crazy:

Well, the deed is done. I was up all night looking through motherboards, video cards etc and I finally placed the order. I get the new kit tomorrow so this weekend will be interesting starting a brand new build. I'll definitely feed back here on how the build and install goes.

I eventually went with:
--------------------------
Asus Sabertooth X79
Intel i7 3960
H80 Liquid CPU Cooler
GeForce GTX580 Twin Frozr II
Corsair CL8 XMP DDR3

i am planning to get the Intel Extreme Series DX79SI, X79 Mainboard, since it has the best NICs and also the fastest SATA6GBPs performance. Anyone knows if this board should *theoretically* work with chimera?

audiores said:
i am planning to get the Intel Extreme Series DX79SI, X79 Mainboard, since it has the best NICs and also the fastest SATA6GBPs performance. Anyone knows if this board should *theoretically* work with chimera?

I tried that board and couldn't get anywhere with it. (worked great with Windows 7 though)
I traded it in for an Asus P9X79-WS and then the build was easy. I believe this board has the same NICs as the Intel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back