Contribute
Register

Does Intel's New X79 Support Lion? [SOCKET 2011]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: If intel new X79 support lion?

thanks abdallah1993 for all your efforts....
i am doing everything what you guys r recommending.....will keep you updated...

abdallah1993 said:
it seems that Gtx 5xx enabler has a common issue with gtx 580\90. Try this link http://www.osx86.net/view/2338-gtx580_lion_10.7.3.html it could solve your issue but use the same instructions i had mention in Multibeast.

GOOD LUCK

its the same black screen if i instal ati_init....then PCIRoo=1 does work and i keep getting black screen
if i just instal graphic enabler then i just get 1080*768 resolution.

kurtface said:
Try typing "PCIRootUID=1" before you boot

sagoo said:
thanks abdallah1993 for all your efforts....
i am doing everything what you guys r recommending.....will keep you updated...

abdallah1993 said:
it seems that Gtx 5xx enabler has a common issue with gtx 580\90. Try this link http://www.osx86.net/view/2338-gtx580_lion_10.7.3.html it could solve your issue but use the same instructions i had mention in Multibeast.

GOOD LUCK

its the same black screen if i instal ati_init....then PCIRoo=1 does work and i keep getting black screen
if i just instal graphic enabler then i just get 1080*768 resolution.

please send me a screenshot like the one below. and also one of your org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

It could be a problem there.

Attachments

• GTX580.tiff
    108.8 KB · Views: 162

i will be sending you the images in a short while....
but i have a question.....can u make rom of your gpu in rom editor and send then i can change the virtual ram and may be that clicks.....
you know i went to windows and i made a windows rom and i tried that too...it gives me another error on screen then.it says ''rom found is larger than the rom required...
rom is adjusted and used''....something like that but i seen in your image that i takes the rom id also perfect so may be that can do some trick??
i just tried all solutions from last 15 days...but unsuccessful...you guys again brought some hope and ray of light ;)

kurtface said:
please send me a screenshot like the one below. and also one of your org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

It could be a problem there.

I have never used a rom editor but I could give it a go. I just not sure it will work as our cards are a little different. Yours has more memory on board and i think it has a different set base clock. What rom editor do I need to do this for you?

kurtface said:
@sagoo

You don't have to downgrade your bios. I also have a GTX580 Running perfectly on a Asus X79 Pro Board with the same bios version as yours and Lion 10.7.3 works with my GTX580.

Did you install the GTX Enabler files that were posted?

I also had some weird errors (not the same as yours) when i installed Lion using the Unibeast method.

This is how I did it without any errors.

bios default settings apart from disabling the marvell and asmedia sata controllers. Your drive for Lion should be on port 1 not on port 0 on your sata 3 controller.

First I used Diskpart from the windows 7 boot disk to clean my drive.
The boot from unibeast without typing anything like PCIRootUID=1 or DSDT=no.
Install Lion after making a new partition.
Boot onto that drive using unibeast. then open the lastest version of multibeast.

Multibeast 4.2.1
No EasyBeast install
No UserDSDT Install

Non-DSDT HDAEnabler = ALC892
Universal = VoodooHDA 0.2.1

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
FakeSMC + Plugins
NullCPUPowerManagement
hnak's AppleIntelE1000e

Bootloader
Software

Then reboot onto that drive and install the GTX Enabler files that were posted. Try first without the aty_int if it doesn't work then install that as well.Install the cuda drivers then reboot.

It worked for me and I have sound, bluetooth and graphics working on a dual monitor setup. This should work for you also and I hope it does.

when i just choose above options in multibeast then i dont see chameleon.boot.plist or apple.boot.plist in my extra folder???what should i do???

also if i use above settings then i cannot boot into lion and it hangs on apple logo without any spinning wheel....now im trying PCIRootUID=1,....no sucess
now i used npci=0*2000 darwake=0 PCIRootUID=1....i got boot up into screen....

just copy them from your unibeast drive. to do this you must have show all files on. I've had the same problem also. It works after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back