Register

Does Intel's New X79 Support Lion? [SOCKET 2011]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: If intel new X79 support lion?

kurtface said:
sagoo said:
please check my boot.plist file as given below
Try changing your system to a mac pro 4.1 or 5.1. and, or try removing the yes under graphics enabler. It should be working.

hello kurt face,
i try to change it to mac 4.1 and 5.1 but problem still there....i tried doing graphics enabler=no but then screen just hangs on apple screen....
what im doing wrong??

i also get error with graphics enabler=yes............dcb table error 0*12...nvidia rom patching failed error...

i have some questions for you....
when u first time installed on a fresh hardisk with unibeast...did u also got rom patching failed error?
if yes ,how you got rid of it??

hello everyone.....

i think im the only one left with no fully functional lion installed on 3960x cpu...please help me to get rid of the following error.....

i keep getting rom patchoing failed error for my gtx 580 3gb graphics card from the time i start installing with unibeast ...its been more than a month now...

now started feeling jealous of all you guys with super fast mac ;) ...anyways coming to main topic...

i have questions for you guys...please give all possible guidelines as possible...

when u first time installed on a fresh hardisk with unibeast...did u also got rom patching failed error?dcb table error 0*12 or block signature error 0*55555555
if yes ,how you got rid of it??

please help your poor teammate with useless gtx 580 ...

kurtface said:
sagoo said:
Try changing your system to a mac pro 4.1 or 5.1. and, or try removing the yes under graphics enabler. It should be working.

hello kurtface,
finally got everything working fully...except hdmi audio and wake up from sleep mode...any idea,how to fix it

hello ,
finally got everything working fully with gtx 580 on sabertooth 3960x with new nvidia graphic drivers...except hdmi audio and wake up from sleep mode...any idea,how to fix it

jezj said:
Got everything working on a Rampage IV Extreme now apart from the Intel Raid (i'm using that for RAID0 with Windows7 SATA3 with a RAID1 SATA2 mirror data partition)

Used Unibeast to install then ran Chimera bootloader, and added the following kexts into extra/extensions:-

AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
ALC8xxHDA.kext
AppleIntelE1000e.kext
FakeSMC.kext
HDAEnabler892.kext
NullCPIPowerManagement.kext
PXHCD.kext
VoodooHDA.kext (0.2.1)

Can now dual boot win7 and osx both on SATA3 ports with Chimera

Anyone know about using Intel RAID? the ports work if its set to AHCI, but not when set to RAID.

You can't use the BIOS RAID--this has always been the case with a Hackintosh. Intel motherboard RAID is not hardware RAID, but is software RAID, hence the problem.

Windows has a driver that identifies the RAID array-OS X does not support that driver and never will.

You will need to either use Software RAID in each OS, or purchase a hardware RAID card.

sagoo said:
hello ,
finally got everything working fully with gtx 580 on sabertooth 3960x with new nvidia graphic drivers...except hdmi audio and wake up from sleep mode...any idea,how to fix it

Sleep doesn't work with the X79 chipset yet.

hello kurtface,
finally got everything working fully...except hdmi audio and wake up from sleep mode...any idea,how to fix it

You've made it!

Unfortunately sleep doesn't work yet but hopefully soon. The next thing is that speedstep doesn't work either. Turn it off and turbo mode and set a fixed CPU clock Multiplier. You will notice the power difference. If I fix mine to 39 I get about 46fps with cinebench which is almost 15fps less than with windows. You can go higher but thats up to you. Please let me know how your scores are.

Do you have Any recommendations for graphics cards & Bluetooth?

My quadro 4k (Mac) only reads one dvi port... Is nvcap the key? Is it risky to make mistake?
And I how did you get Bluetooth working?
Iread somewhere installing pc will do the trick .. True?

But I've already installed Mac osx..

Any pointers would be great, I've searched the forums but its hard to gauge the situation since there aren't many other x79ers...

kurtface said:
hello kurtface,
finally got everything working fully...except hdmi audio and wake up from sleep mode...any idea,how to fix it/quote]

You've made it!

Unfortunately sleep doesn't work yet but hopefully soon. The next thing is that speedstep doesn't work either. Turn it off and turbo mode and set a fixed CPU clock Multiplier. You will notice the power difference. If I fix mine to 39 I get about 46fps with cinebench which is almost 15fps less than with windows. You can go higher but thats up to you. Please let me know how your scores are.
O

kurtface said:
hello kurtface,
finally got everything working fully...except hdmi audio and wake up from sleep mode...any idea,how to fix it/quote]

You've made it!

Helli kurtface,
I ran cinebench an im getting just 32fps so now i will turn off sppedstep and turbo mode to chk the difference....and also i would like to ask that when i ran open gl extension viewer..it shows from 3 till 4.2 unsupported...what do u get there?

sagoo said:
kurtface said:
sagoo said:

hello kurtface,

sagoo, I have very similar specs and error to yours, could you please tell me how you fixed it?

To recap: I have the nvidia error and then the white screen with apple logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back