Contribute
Register

Does a Hackintosh crashes often??? Should i use one as my main computer??? Which are the best parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97-D3H
CPU
Intel i5 4460
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello guys, i am a music producer and i need os x to work with. I don't want to waste my money on a real Mac, I wanted to ask that does a hackintosh crashes often, will it make sence to use it as my main computer and can u guys recommended some decent compaitable parts.
I am planning to go with

Intel i7 4790k
Gigabyte z97n wifi
16 gb of crucial ram
Samsung 840 evo 250 gb
Bitfenix prodigy m white
Apple mouse and keyboard
(Please suggest a cheap good graphics card, i will be dual booting windows and do light gaming)
Thanks in advance...:)

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello guys, i am a music producer and i need os x to work with. I don't want to waste my money on a real Mac, I wanted to ask that does a hackintosh crashes often, will it make sence to use it as my main computer and can u guys recommended some decent compaitable parts.
I am planning to go with

Intel i7 4790k
Gigabyte z97n wifi
16 gb of crucial ram
Samsung 840 evo 250 gb
Bitfenix prodigy m white
Apple mouse and keyboard
(Please suggest a cheap good graphics card, i will be dual booting windows and do light gaming)
EVGA GTX740 single slot from the Buyer's guide shou be OK for light gaming and in under USD$100 at Newegg or Amazon - don't know what price is for you locally.

Motherboard
MSI H55M P31
CPU
Core i7 870
Graphics
Nvidia 9600GT
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Thankyou, do you own a hackintosh. If yes, then does it crashes too often like every month or maybe week...

Don't know if it helps, but I ran OSX 10.8 on my rig (sig) for about a month with edited DSDT along with some Linux Drivers to run my on board sound. It was a bumpy ride to get it going, but once I was finished; it ran very well.

Well enough that I'm now building my own Hackintosh, except this time I'll be using natively supported components so install OSX vanilla (just like you would on a real mac) which will make things easier :).

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Thankyou, do you own a hackintosh. If yes, then does it crashes too often like every month or maybe week...
I have several builds. The GA-X58A-UD7 is my main work machine. I am happy to say that once I get it working properly I have had no crashes caused by apps running on it.
I get a KP or 2 every time I update the OS, but I expect that until I get everything set right again. I currently have a drive for 10.6.8, 10.7.5, 10.8.5, 10.9.5 and 10.10.1 that I can insert into the hot swap bay and boot the OS. All work well. Have had to make some adjustments to each as I installed, but they do work well with Chimera boot loader.
Have tried Clover, but without a UEFI BIOS on this board, there is no advantage to using Clover.

I have a build I maintain for a relative that is a MSI H77MA-G43 + core i5 3570K, currently running Mavericks. Another build is a MSI Z77A-GD65 + core i5 3570K running Mountain Lion, another with an Asus P8Z77I with a core i5 3570K running Mountain Lion that I am currently working to update to a SSD and Yosemite booting with Clover, an Asus Z87I-Deluxe with a core i5 4460 running Yosemite.

I am also currently building a new upgraded X99 build to replace the -UD7 as my main work machine.

Motherboard
GA-Z97-D3H
CPU
Intel i5 4460
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have several builds. The GA-X58A-UD7 is my main work machine. I am happy to say that once I get it working properly I have had no crashes caused by apps running on it.
I get a KP or 2 every time I update the OS, but I expect that until I get everything set right again. I currently have a drive for 10.6.8, 10.7.5, 10.8.5, 10.9.5 and 10.10.1 that I can insert into the hot swap bay and boot the OS. All work well. Have had to make some adjustments to each as I installed, but they do work well with Chimera boot loader.
Have tried Clover, but without a UEFI BIOS on this board, there is no advantage to using Clover.

I have a build I maintain for a relative that is a MSI H77MA-G43 + core i5 3570K, currently running Mavericks. Another build is a MSI Z77A-GD65 + core i5 3570K running Mountain Lion, another with an Asus P8Z77I with a core i5 3570K running Mountain Lion that I am currently working to update to a SSD and Yosemite booting with Clover, an Asus Z87I-Deluxe with a core i5 4460 running Yosemite.

I am also currently building a new upgraded X99 build to replace the -UD7 as my main work machine.
Thankyou so much, ok so i will be soon building a hackintosh and i will be using the 740. Thanks again for your support

nobodynose

Motherboard
ASRock Z370M Pro4
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I am planning to go with

Intel i7 4790k
Gigabyte z97n wifi
16 gb of crucial ram
Samsung 840 evo 250 gb
Bitfenix prodigy m white
Apple mouse and keyboard

My daily driver Hackintosh is more stable and crashes less often than the Macbook Pro I used to own. If configured properly and built with quality components, there's no reason any Hackintosh should be less stable than a "real" Mac.

Motherboard
GA-Z97-D3H
CPU
Intel i5 4460
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Don't know if it helps, but I ran OSX 10.8 on my rig (sig) for about a month with edited DSDT along with some Linux Drivers to run my on board sound. It was a bumpy ride to get it going, but once I was finished; it ran very well.

Well enough that I'm now building my own Hackintosh, except this time I'll be using natively supported components so install OSX vanilla (just like you would on a real mac) which will make things easier :).
Thank you, now i am fully prepared to build a hackintosh without any worries. Thanks again.

Motherboard
GA-Z97-D3H
CPU
Intel i5 4460
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My daily driver Hackintosh is more stable and crashes less often than the Macbook Pro I used to own. If configured properly and built with quality components, there's no reason any Hackintosh should be less stable than a "real" Mac.
Thank you for the information, it's sure that i am going to go with a hackintosh and not any mac product.

Status
Not open for further replies.