Contribute
Register

Do you use iTunes?

Do you use iTunes?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a looonnnnnggg time Mac user. I've used iTunes when it was called SoundJam before Apple bought it. I've tried others, but have stuck with iTunes.

BTW, I also use iTunes for Podcasts. My favorite podcast is Coverville which specializes in groups who have covered popular songs in a rightous manner. Coverville's April Fools Day shows are funny. That's how I found the Ventures cover group, The Original Onions.

Check out the 11 Nov Coverville podcast on the Eagles, celebrating Glenn Fry's birthday.

I really hate iTunes for two reasons :
1. iTunes automatically adds unimportant mp3s, that were played one-time, to it's library and there is no function to turn that off and just scan a specific folder.
2. It doesn't support FLAC. My whole Music is in FLAC and I'll never convert it to Apple Looseless because no player on linux does play it.

So I'm using Clementine Player, which is open source, written in QT4, plays FLAC and works on Windows, Mac and lovely Linux :D
And it's just watching a specific folder and doesn't autoadd files.
If anyone is interested :
http://www.clementine-player.org/

:wave: assoricks

Thank you for the clementine-player mention.

I was using windows and then ubuntu before I came to hackintosh so I've been using foobar for quite a while, and if you've used it you know, its simply the best.

So, I boot up itunes, off the bat it's like trying to copy files from my external to its little library and like downloading album artwork, and I'm like [makes jacking off gesture]. Seriously, how ****ing hard is it to make a MUSIC LIBRARY MANAGER and PLAYER? I mean FCP, now that's a triumph. So why does your music player have to munch taint?

Once you build your mp3 collection on itunes standards, yo will find how great itunes is...
Having working with hsckintoshes o while, i find itunes extremely helpful on finding and categorizing mp3s.
And if you like to listen single an mp3 song always remember that cool "press spacebar" option that quicklook offers.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I usually use iTunes but sometimes when I want to listen to a single song that is not in my library or just a folder with random audio formats (even FLAC) I use Vox. It's a wonderful little app that's got everything you need. And it's free!
http://www.voxapp.uni.cc/

On windows i used EAC to rip lossless, NeroAACEnc to encode variable, and winamp to play the lot. I was sort of "anal" back then, thinking i have the perfect rips an encodes, when honestly i couldnt tell the difference in a blind ABX test when ripped and encoded in iTunes.
So now i just use iTunes to rip lossless, then convert to variable aac, which in iTunes is actually constraint, proper variable Apple please.

It was a good thing when Apple did a Windows version of iTunes, thus I could take all my music and make it shared between Win7 and SL.
Now I have a 1.5TB shared HD that is read either from SL 10.6.6 iTunes or Win7 one and times of duplicate music data are ended. :)

Then, it was a surprise to me when I hooked my iPod nano to my custoMacPro and it was recognized as if it was on a real Mac... And I was a lot happier after having installed MacDrive8 when the same iPod was recognized by iTunes Win7.

iTunes is a good piece of software, useful and honest.

I've used iTunes since Mac OS 9 IIRC, and my habit just carried over to OS X.

It can be a bit of a nuisance though. iTunes 10 has started to make me shy away from it a bit. Personally don't like the color-less sidebar or the new button positions. There are ways to add the colors back and move the buttons of course, but I wonder if that hints to future Window Side-Bars in Mac OS X/XI: Color-less by default.

And another thing: They went through the trouble of releasing iTunes 10, but there's no 64-Bit version. Ah well. Maybe iTunes 11, with a better icon (name change?) too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back