Contribute
Register

Do you own a real Mac?

Do You Own a Real Mac?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Own a macbook pro 2009. Would never go back to a wintel environment. Each time I try to help someone out with a wintel PC I end up spending hrs to get things sorted. And with a MAC (OSX) , no issues, you get things changed/configured in minutes!

I have at present.

G5 Power Mac tower, a few iMacs, and one eMac 1 ghz model. I also have in storage one G4 tower, one G3 Blue and White, one SE/30, one Color Classic and a Power Computing clone. I do not have a Mac that can run any OS past 10.5.

no sorry

been a windows person since year 2000

windows 98se, then windows xp forever it seems, tried Linux a few times, installed snow leopard on my AMD system and liked it but was kind of slow and buggy because of my hardware and hackintosh. Now using Mountain Lion as primary operating system with Windows 7 dual booting, enjoying OSX but still a few bugs with sleep.

I think Apple can grab a large portion of the Windows PC populace with this hackintosh and its getting easier to do.

Not a single one (but own 4 iPhones in the family and zero iPads). My first computer was a Apple ][ clone. When I was just about to fold over and purchase an iMac, found Tony and the rest is history.

TiBook, Aluminum PowerBook G4 12" and Aluminum PowerBook G4 15".

Haven't owned one since I sold the last PowerBook.

No, I have my dual booting PC and that's it, I don't think Apple hardware is anything very special. All the "real Mac" people I know bought it for the trendiness or the OS and I don't care much about trends.

My Macs are
1)Powermac G3 (Beige)
2)Powermac G5
3)Macbook Pro 13 inch (2010)

I'm a little too apprehensive about trying a Hackintosh laptop, so I'm sticking with a 13" Macbook Pro for a laptop to go with my Desktop Hack Pro. There isn't a better trackpad out there by any other manufacturer (gestures on the trackpad are super important to me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back