Do you own a real Mac?

Do You Own a Real Mac?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Macs currently in my possession:

PowerMac G3 - Beige 266 MHz
eMac - 700 MHz (Selling for a friend)
PowerMac G4 - Sawtooth 500 MHz (Selling)
PowerMac G4 - MDD Dual 1 GHz (Selling)
PowerBook G4 15" - Titanium DVI 667 MHz (Selling)
PowerBook G4 15" - Titanium DVI 867 MHz (Selling)
PowerBook G4 17" - 1.67 GHz (Selling)
MacBook - Original 2.0 GHz
MacBook Pro 15" - Santa Rosa 2.4 GHz
MacBook Pro 17" - Santa Rosa 2.4 GHz
MacBook Pro 15" - Unibody 2.66 GHz

iPod - 5 GB, 30 GB, 40 GB, 60 GB, Nano, Touch

Macs previously owned:

IIci
iBook - Original
PowerMac 7600/132
iMac DV
iBook - White G3 600 MHz
G5 - 1.6 GHz
Mini - Original
PowerBook G4 12" - Aluminum 1.5 GHz
PowerBook G4 17" - Aluminum 1.5 GHz
Mac Pro - Original

Dude you have a veritable Mac museum at home! Are they all functioning and set up? That would rule. Shufflepuck anyone??

My parents basement is where Apple computers go to die. :lol:

Nice old yellowing Apple iic in the original box. Apple iie with COLOR screen! :D

tonymacx86 said:
Dude you have a veritable Mac museum at home! Are they all functioning and set up? That would rule. Shufflepuck anyone??

They all function, but not all are setup. All the non-setup laptops for sale are in their original boxes with all original accessories.

The setup and running systems are:

PowerMac G4 - MDD Dual 1 GHz: Currently a Mac File Server that I will be decommissioning and selling
PowerBook G4 17" - 1.67 GHz: Currently my office machine that I am replacing with my HackPro.
MacBook - Original 2.0 GHz: Wife's laptop
MacBook Pro 15" - Santa Rosa 2.4 GHz: Spare laptop for my son in college (CS Major who beat the crap out of it)
MacBook Pro 15" - Unibody 2.66 GHz: Son's laptop
MacBook Pro 17" - Santa Rosa 2.4 GHz: My laptop

On top of all of the Macs I also have in my possession:
(4) Sun Ultra 5 Workstations: (2) DNS servers, ftp server and a Jumpstart server, will be replacing the DNS server with Linux boxes and selling all of these boxes.
Sun Ultra 2 Workstation: Not setup, will be selling
Sun Ultra 60 Workstation: Development system, will be selling
Sun Netra T1 Server: Not setup, will be selling
(8) Home built PCs running everything from my Firewall to a Windows 2008 Server
(3) Home built PCs for sale

Luckily I have a big house. :D

That is an insane collection computers. Maybe we need to start a picture thread somewhere. =)

Your mention of the Apple IIci made me think of my Apple IIe. I wonder what's the lifespan on old 5 1/4" floppies? I think I could still find my old Apple IIe, but I'd be sad to find out that it didn't work any longer...

Regarding Mac conversions for new people, I agree. In fact I also noticed a lot of technical types switching over ever since mac went to OSX and Intel MacBook Pros came out. Programmer friends and also system administrator friends picked them up, at first for the dual-booting windows options , but they also loved being able to use Unix tools in Mac. I remember one friend, who works for videogame company Square-Enix, and a devoted Windows fan, out of the blue one day decided to buy a MacBook Pro as he saw fellow System Admins showing off the power of the new MacBook Pro. Until then, I thought only graphic design types bought Macs.

That collection makes my 13" low-end MacBook Pro look really insignificant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back