Contribute
Register

Do you own a real Mac?

Do You Own a Real Mac?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an iMac 5k that has been in the shop in and out since I bought it, that's for about 2 months, since then prices went down, my hack is more reliable go figure!

Several iMacs of verious generations, including one EMac.
One Blue G4
One Blue and White G3
One SuperMac from the clone era.
One G5 Powermac that I was going to cut up, but I can't bring myself to dismember a machine that still works.

First Mac was an AMAX emulator on an Amiga 2000.

I started using Apple Computer in 1997 buying a G4 PPC, a Pismo Laptop in 2000 followed by a Mac Pro G5.

now I´m using:
1. Mac Pro 1.1
2. Mac Pro 3.1
3. Mac Pro 5.1
4. 17" Macbook Pro (Mid.2010)
6. iphone 6 - 64GB
7. ipad G4

my wife has:
1. 15" Macbook Pro with TB
2. iphone6 - 64GB
3. ipad G3

my daugter using:
1. 21" iMac
2. iphone 4G (my old one ;) )

we call ourselfs an i-house as there are a lot apple-devices in it and a lot IKEA-stuff as well! :D

My first Mac was a polycarbonate Macbook in 2009 then in 2012 I made my first Hackintosh with a 3770k and in 2014 I removed osx from my PC and got a Retina Macbook I still come here though to keep up with what's going on :)

The first Mac I ever 'owned' was a PowerBook 100 I purchased for £100 second hand in 1998. But prior to that I had cut my teeth at high school on:

Mac Classic
Mac LC
Mac LCII
Mac LCIII
Performa 475
PowerMac 7200

Then when I was at Uni, I bought and sold quite a few machines to make some money on the side... including.

A PowerBook 145b
PowerMac 8500 -- eventually with a G3 upgrade card.
PowerMac 6100
PowerWave 604/120 (Yes, an old Clone!)
PowerMac 7600
Macintosh IIci
Macintosh IIcx
Performa 200
Quadra 610 (with PC card)
Performa 575
Power Mac 7100...

The list goes on.

Today, my 'fleet' includes.

Two Mac Pro 2,1 from 2006/07. Both are upgraded with new graphics cards, bucketloads of RAM. Both run Yosemite.
G4 Mac Mini
Intel Mac Mini (first gen) upgraded with Core2Duo
G3 Pismo Powerbook.
3x PowerBook 5300 in various guises (I love this 'road mac' but I'm trying to make a decent one out of the worst mac ever made)
Apple ][e.
G4 Cube
MacBook Pro Retina (first gen) 15 inch
MacBook Pro Retina (2013) 15 inch.
MacBook Pro (2006, CoreDuo) 15 inch.

After years of experience with hackintosh desktop computers and nicely working Probooks I bought me two weeks ago my first MacBook Pro 15 Inch 2015. The software is the same but the user experience is far head of my previous computers.
The new trackpad is a killer. Once used you can't go back. Even not to older MacBooks.

All is fantastic, quick and silent.

Yes, the hackintosh experience was also great but is clearly topped by a real MacBook.

Well done Apple

I don't. But I reply as I was just offered an opportunity to purchase 4 of the OP's original laptop for only a $100 at a local PC recycling center. I asked if they ever got any discarded Mini's they said sure we got 4 we are selling for $100 and rolled these out to look at. They were not Mini's of course but I admit I drooled at the possibility that they could be for a couple minutes.

Screen Shot 2016-05-30 at 8.24.26 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back