Contribute
Register

Do you own a real Mac?

Do You Own a Real Mac?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
2010 MBP 15,4" i5 high res Display.

and despite the cooling noises while watching Youtube and stuff, i love it :)

Well I was going to own a Mac mini or a MacBook Air, until I stumbled upon this site and an article about the ProBook 4530s! :lol: I'm thinking about purchasing an iMac G3 to hackintosh, though. My friend has an iBook G4, an iMac G4, and a first gen Mac Pro.

I own a early 2005 G5, Early February 2011 Macbook pro 13"

I have a white Macbook 2008. It got slow video card, GMA X3100 144MB VRAM. Webcam is very poor performance. I can't use videophone. I don't like that video card. I don't want to buy new Mac anymore. My family have eMac and most Macbooks too. They NEVER update OSX. lol...

Btw, I have iPhone 4S too.

I have a Certified Refurbished MacBook Pro 13" coming in the mail on Friday. I also have an old Macintosh Performa 632CD sitting in the basement of my buddy's house in the crawlspace. It is fun to turn on and try to load some old OS9 applications. It's fun to see what people will give you in regards to OS9 software. It truly is. Free copies of Photoshop and Aldus PageMaker... Yeah. That's how I roll.

Since I first answered this poll, I bought my wife a MacBook Air 13", and I'm about to pull the trigger any day now on a Retina MacBook 15" for myself. I need it for a tax write-off, plus it'll be pretty awesome to do my work with on the go instead of my current HP ProBook Hackbook.

I'll likely never own an Apple desktop (nope, not even the new ash-can) but Apple laptops are too good to pass up.

UPDATE: typing this on my new MacBook Pro 15". Got a nice deal on it during a 4th of July sale. Bootcamping OSX and Windows 7, loving the screen. I'm a tinkerer at heart, so I do kind of hate that I can't change the RAM or hard drive or battery or *anything* really... so other than the fact that it's completely neutered as far as user-servicing, it's the best laptop I've ever owned hands down.

My first Mac was an Early 2008 MacBook Pro (pre-unibody, and still runs with Mountain Lion installed). I built my first Hack Pro in 2011. And soon I'll be building my own iMac G4 hack/mod from a fully functioning iMac G4 I bought on Craigslist for $30. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back