Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just bought the CustoMac Pro build. It didn't list a heat sink or CPU fan as one of the products to purchase. Does the motherboard or CPU come with it or am I missing something.

I just bought the CustoMac Pro build. It didn't list a heat sink or CPU fan as one of the products to purchase. Does the motherboard or CPU come with it or am I missing something.

Intel supply all the consumer model CPUs with a heat sink and fan as standard. These work just fine for most people. If you are looking at running the processor hard then I would consider an after market CPU cooling option.

The only CPUs that are listed in the buyers guide that do not come with a heat sink and fan are the 'Socket 2011' models listed in the 'Customac Pro Socket 2011' build.

Thanks so much. Any other tips on getting it all to work great would be appreciated.

Thanks so much. Any other tips on getting it all to work great would be appreciated.

The most important thing is the advance preparation of the process. If you are not familiar with building a computer or have not done so for a while, then you will find plenty of videos on YouTube that cover the process in varying depth.

If you have access to a Mac or a PC mac that is capable of you downloading Yosemite from the Mac App Store (MAS) and then creating your UniBeast flash drive then this guide will help you with the process:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

If you are not able to do this then you should first look at the way of using Snow Leopard and iBoot Haswell (available from the downloads section above) to let you then update to 10.6.8 and then you can access the MAC for Yosemite.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/104542-im-new-everything-where-do-i-start.html

That should give you some good starting points with further links to go and explore. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back