Contribute
Register

Disconnecting from Internet, but not WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every once in a while (a few times a day) the internet on my Hackintosh disconnects. This is a problem that I would like to be adressed as soon as possible, because I run a Minecraft Server, and this is affecting that. I was thinking it could be a problem with my WiFi card, the TP-Link TL-WDN4800. I did just get a new TP-Link router too, the TL-WR1043ND. Either of these could be the culprit. It could be the router because I just bought it has been a bumpy road for the few days I have had it. It could be the wifi card because I was having problems with it and my old router, which was dying, so I bought the new one.

The Wifi doesn't disconnect, it still says it connected. When I go into the Network Diagnostics, there are green lights for Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi settings, and Network Settings, but there are yellow lights for ISP, Internet, and Server. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Forgot to add: When I click continue in the Network Diagnostics to select my wifi network, it makes all the lights green and fixes itself.

I'm experiencing this intermittently after updating to 10.8.4. I have an Airport Express (set to N only) and do not experience connectivity issues in Windows 7 or on other devices.

Same with me . Wifi worked at 10.8.3 but after 10.8.4 i am having the same issues.

Only solution on 10.8.4 is to take security off your access point and not broadcast the SSID, I had this problem also.

I have this same issue on both OSX and WIN (using TP-L WDN4800. I will have to try these suggestions but since I am sharing this internet with a roommate. It only seems to be doing this when a lot of load is being put on it...who knows but it is really annoying!

I have the same problem too. I used the latest CustoMac Mini configurations. Wifi stays connected but internet becomes unavailable. It could happen a few times in an hour. I have to switch off and on Wifi in order to restore the access to the internet.

I think it is the card. I used to have wired connection and it did not happen. It started after I moved my computer to my room and installed the card.

I've got to resurrect this thread as I am having the same exact problem on 10.9.1 This is my first hackintosh and I have the recommended Rosewill wireless card. Internet will die, but network will not be disconnected. To fix, I have to turn off WiFi, then turn on WiFi. Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet? I would greatly appreciate it.

I've got to resurrect this thread as I am having the same exact problem on 10.9.1 This is my first hackintosh and I have the recommended Rosewill wireless card. Internet will die, but network will not be disconnected. To fix, I have to turn off WiFi, then turn on WiFi. Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet? I would greatly appreciate it.

After a whole year, I have not found a solution. Also, thanks for letting me know it happens with the Rosewill card too. I was just about to buy one. Tonymac should try to find some more supported cards, if there are any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back