Contribute
Register

Disconnecting from Internet, but not WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the TL-WDN4800, and I've also been experiencing this problem ever since the 10.9.1 update. I had an issue in some of the 10.9 developer preview builds, but the public release version of 10.9 was much better. Ever since the 10.9.1 update, however, it disconnects really often (particularly when I'm doing anything that requires high bandwidth).

I've tried all the different wifi channels on my router, and no other device has connectivity issues (when my hackintosh loses internet connectivity, all other devices can still access the router just fine), so I don't think it's a router issue. There's definitely something finnicky going on with my system. I'm using

I have the TL-WDN4800, and I've also been experiencing this problem ever since the 10.9.1 update. I had an issue in some of the 10.9 developer preview builds, but the public release version of 10.9 was much better. Ever since the 10.9.1 update, however, it disconnects really often (particularly when I'm doing anything that requires high bandwidth).

I've tried all the different wifi channels on my router, and no other device has connectivity issues (when my hackintosh loses internet connectivity, all other devices can still access the router just fine), so I don't think it's a router issue. There's definitely something finnicky going on with my system. I'm using

I have found the solution to my problem!!!!! I brought my computer over to a friend's house to see if the problem existed there. He has an apple router and to my amusement, no more disconnection. I bought an apple router (model: A1408). And I have been using my computer for about a week now without issues. I have the Rosewill version of the TL-WDN4800, which is supposed to be the exact same. My new router also solved my issue of stop and go Youtube viewing on my HTC one over WiFi. It is an expensive fix, but I don't mind it and am extremely happy with my fully functional hacktosh now.

I appreciate the suggestion, but I would like to see if I can get this fixed without having to buy additional hardware. It's strange because it worked fine (or at least significantly better) in the 10.9 public release, and I only noticed this problem again when I upgraded to 10.9.1, which suggests that there should be some kind of (relatively easy) fix.

I would imagine that a lot of people have this wifi czrd since it's recommended in the tonymac buyer's guide. Surely they must be experiencing this issue as well?

Anyone found any other solutions?
I have the same problem... same card on the Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH
Thing is it was like that since OS X Mountain Lion, it would work sometimes for longer, sometimes for shorter.

Anyone found any other solutions?
I have the same problem... same card on the Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH
Thing is it was like that since OS X Mountain Lion, it would work sometimes for longer, sometimes for shorter.

In Mountain Lion and Mavericks Apple have been tinkering around with wifi - they succeeded to brake wifi for many genuine Apple users. The best that I can suggest those that have wifi problems to do is to remove all ethernet and wireless settings from your build and start again.

• Go to System Preferences and delete all devices in the network section
  • Navigate to Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and delete the com.apple.airport.preferences.plist, NetworkInterfaces.plist and com.apple.boot.plist
  • Reboot
  • In System Preferences set up your network and test all is working.

Good luck

Adrian B

I had the same problems. Just ordered the Apple card solution to replace my TP-link that i recieved last week...

So i hope this works :p

Oddly I have this same issue with Z87MX-D3H using built-in Intel Ethernet. The problem started after I added a NAS (Synology DS411slim) and pointed Time Machine to it. Trying to push a 30GB backup invariably locks up the networking stack and a few minutes later the whole machine. Finder beachballs and UI stops responding. When this happens, I cannot ping from Terminal with the following error:

ping: sendmsg: No buffer space available

MacBook Air backing up to the same NAS is fine.
Hackintosh switched to use WiFi, (Dell card that reports as Airport Extreme), and network lock ups go away.

I'm in the same boat here. Only that WiFi was working perfectly with Mac Pro 3,1 system definition. But I had audio problems and switched to iMac 14,2. The audio was fixed, but now the WiFi disconnects. This is also my first hackintosh build running Mavericks 10.9.2.

Anyone find a fix??

FOUND A FIX
i watched a youtuber install her mavericks again just to be sure i was using the right bootloader on multibeast and i was using the wrong one

check appletechgal on yt install mavericks and choose the correct network bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back