CPU
i5 6600K
Graphics
MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X & NVIDIA GT 710
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi. My hackintosh has two different video cards for Windows and OSX (10.12.1): GTX 1080 and GT 710. First one is not supported in macOS yet, so I need to use GT 710 which works fine if it's the only one card in the system.
But GT 710 is lagging when both cards are plugged in, even in UI, including cursor.

So, is there a way to disable GTX1080 using clover or another software?
Or maybe someone knows the reason why it's laggy?

Last edited:
I'm personally using a 950 and a 1080 and not finding it to be lagging, could it be the refresh rate? What about if you hook up the 1080 to another display (if this works you could buy a virtual hdmi adapter).

I'm trying to achieve this too however (the disabling of the 1080) as it's causing issues with applications showing up on the 1080 (which is unused) rather than any of the displays connected to the 950.

I've gotten as far as editing one of my SSDT's and trying to disable pci0.peg0 by telling it to turn off at all points that it's interface is called but still having no luck - you may have more success with your motherboard.

Unpatched SSDT and DSDT attached in case anyone has a chance to take a look.

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    1.1 MB · Views: 166
  • SSDT-6.dsl
    144.8 KB · Views: 102
I'm personally using a 950 and a 1080 and not finding it to be lagging, could it be the refresh rate? What about if you hook up the 1080 to another display (if this works you could buy a virtual hdmi adapter).

I'm trying to achieve this too however (the disabling of the 1080) as it's causing issues with applications showing up on the 1080 (which is unused) rather than any of the displays connected to the 950.

I'm using two hdmi cables with one monitor and I've managed to switch to GT710 as a primary display using SwitchResX. Also it can disable the second display, but it's kind off unstable on login.
So, if I use GT710 display as a primary, and the second shows something simple (like desktop) it works pretty smooth. Any complex graphics make laggy both displays.

Thanks for DSDT! Maybe I can do something with that.

RehabMan confirmed that his isn't possible using the SSDT or DSDT.

Logically though, there's some code somewhere in the OS that acknowledges a graphics card and links it to a virtual display (even when not plugged into one.

Also I provided those files in case someone could help. Don't ever use anyone else SSDT or DSDT's - they're likely to cause you issues.

Hooking to the same display may not do the trick depending on how the display turns off it's signal processing when switching between inputs. Try hooking it up to a TV and seeing if you still see the lag?

I hadn't thought to use SwitchResX. Disabling the display in there certainly helps my issues with apps opening on the wrong screen.

LukeR22 does removing power cord from 1080 make macOS behave as if the 1080 wasn't there at all?

I'm planning to buy 1070 for windows and have it together with 660 for macOS.
I'm ok with switching power cord when switching from macOS to windows, since my PSU has only one PCIe power cord anyway.

It should work just fine, right?

Yeah removing the power connectors does the trick - just not a fan of that solution as I have to open the case each time and could potentially damage the card.

LukeR22 does removing power cord from 1080 make macOS behave as if the 1080 wasn't there at all?

I'm planning to buy 1070 for windows and have it together with 660 for macOS.
I'm ok with switching power cord when switching from macOS to windows, since my PSU has only one PCIe power cord anyway.

It should work just fine, right?
emoving t

I hadn't thought to use SwitchResX. Disabling the display in there certainly helps my issues with apps opening on the wrong screen.
I found the OSX provides built in feature for changing the primary display. You just need to drag the menu bar in display arrangement preferences!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back