Contribute
Register

Directly Update to Sierra from Snow Leopard, Lion, or Mountain Lion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Toshiba Satellite S875-S7140
CPU
i7-3630qm/HM76
Graphics
HD4000
I desire a very special way to get MacOS Sierra on my Toshiba Satellite S875-S7140 Laptop.
May I use a snow leopard disk for my bootable media and directly upgrade from there?

Laptop Specs:
CPU i7 3630qm 2.4ghz, 1tb hard drive, Intel HD4000 Graphics, no dedicated GPU.

I'm able to update with xMove, but not up to Sierra.

I've read official Tonymacx86 guides saying certain editions of Mac OS X can be directly upgraded to... without bootable media (thumb drives and DVDs), like Lion (with xMove), Mountain Lion (with xMove), El Capitan (with Clover), Sierra (with Clover), and High Sierra (with Clover) if they are on the version before it (except for Mountain Lion which can be updated with xMove from Snow Leopard and Lion).

Would starting at Snow Leopard, Lion, or Mountain Lion and directly updating to Sierra be possible?
Do you need to be on Yosemite to directly update to El Capitan?

Last edited:
I desire a very special way to get MacOS Sierra on my Toshiba Satellite S875-S7140 Laptop.
May I use a snow leopard disk for my bootable media and directly upgrade from there?

Laptop Specs:
CPU i7 3630qm 2.4ghz, 1tb hard drive, Intel HD4000 Graphics, no dedicated GPU.

I'm able to update with xMove, but not up to Sierra.

I've read official Tonymacx86 guides saying certain editions of Mac OS X can be directly upgraded to... without bootable media (thumb drives and DVDs), like Lion (with xMove), Mountain Lion (with xMove), El Capitan (with Clover), Sierra (with Clover), and High Sierra (with Clover) if they are on the version before it (except for Mountain Lion which can be updated with xMove from Snow Leopard and Lion).

Would starting at Snow Leopard, Lion, or Mountain Lion and directly updating to Sierra be possible?
Do you need to be on Yosemite to directly update to El Capitan?

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back