Contribute
Register

direct High Sierra update, stuck on Apple logo, no progress bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really appreciate all the help even if it hasn’t worked yet because I didn’t know this was an issue before I went into the update process (even though I did use the guide here on the site) and I stupidly didn’t do any kind of backup because I’ve never had issues with my hackintosh and now I’m worried about my pics and files and just feeling pretty flattened. So yeah, thank you and keep the ideas coming. :thumbup:

Is it a USB keyboard? Try different slots.

Not to be dumb, but I don’t think that’s it. I was using the arrow keys a second earlier to navigate through clover and then there’s no typing once I’m in this screen. I’ll try though.

Attachments

• 74335BB3-7CD2-42B6-974A-D87F439F8D4A.jpeg
    74335BB3-7CD2-42B6-974A-D87F439F8D4A.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 60
Not to be dumb, but I don’t think that’s it. I was using the arrow keys a second earlier to navigate through clover and then there’s no typing once I’m in this screen. I’ll try though.

USB drops out during boot if you don’t have proper Kexts for it.
GenericUSBkext is a good one to get through installs or USBInjectallkext.

It did get you past the +++++++++
Signs?

USB drops out during boot if you don’t have proper Kexts for it.
GenericUSBkext is a good one to get through installs or USBInjectallkext.

It did get you past the +++++++++
Signs?

Yeah I’m past the ++++ but nothing shows when I type. Tried both USBs and another keyboard. Unfortunately idk how I would add that kext to help me right now?

I did try another solution option in the clover shell and I was able to type there...

Yeah I’m past the ++++ but nothing shows when I type. Tried both USBs and another keyboard. Unfortunately idk how I would add that kext to help me right now?

I did try another solution option in the clover shell and I was able to type there...

Try verbose and safe mode.

I am using the keyboard successfully to navigate clover and then select verbose and safe, then it brings me to the exact same screen I’ve gotten the past few times.

Is there any way to return to my normal boot actually loading and say screw it to the update for now? I’m resigned to formatting if I have to but I would really rather not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back