Contribute
Register

direct High Sierra update, stuck on Apple logo, no progress bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is an i7 4771 haswell and motherboard is gigabyte GA-787X-UD3H-LGA

Yes I did update clover before trying to upgrade to high sierra.

Did you check your config.plist did it change after the clover update?

I just checked it and it looks unchanged. :[

Try this, use cursor arrows and go to options then binaries and use CPUID 0x0306A0, then select kernelPM and intelPMmanagement only these two. Scroll to bottom and return then try bootIn.

Try this, use cursor arrows and go to options then binaries and use CPUID 0x0306A0, then select kernelPM and intelPMmanagement only these two. Scroll to bottom and return then try bootIn.

Ok, did that and this is what I see, so I left kernelPM and AppleIntelCPUPM Patch checked and this time I didn’t even get a logo screen, just like 20 mins of black screen. Went to just boot normally and leave this update for later and now my normal boot won’t work either. Is there any way to just clean start over? I feel like I screwed something up here and idk what to do.

This is what it shows

Attachments

• 33E2EB02-D8FD-4671-B04E-DEEBE85B2BF0.jpeg
    33E2EB02-D8FD-4671-B04E-DEEBE85B2BF0.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 46
Hit space bar select verbose and single user. At root# type without “”marks “fsck -fy” then at 2nd root# “exit”.

So when I do that, there’s no ability to type anything.

Went to the final link you posted with the long helpful looking walkthrough, but step 1 doesn’t work for me, which is to map the drives, because even after I do that, I can’t cd to any of them. It’s seems like they don’t exist....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back