1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,
I just bought a RME Digiface USB.
http://www.rme-audio.de/en/products/digiface_usb.php

On my MacBookPro works, but when I plug into my big machine after three seconds the computer restart with a kernel panic.
Is there anything I can do to have it up and running?

---

Now it seem I have compromised my computer behaviour.
I am using my old EXBOX.UMA interface, which was working before installing RME, and when I plug it, the computer crashes.

Now I have unplugged that as well, but when I launch all the professional softwares (ProTools, Nuendo, Reaper), it crashes.
Did a permission check with Onyx but it didn't solved the issue.
Reinstalled the drivers with Multibeast, with no luck.
Launched my machine with nothing attached to the USB ports: Reaper starts (obviously asking for the iLock for my plugins).
Launched my machine with only the iLock and the eLicencer attached: Reaper starts, Nuendo starts, ProTools starts.
Launched my machine with only the iLock and the eLicencer attached and the EXBOX.UMA attached: Reaper starts, Nuendo starts, ProTools starts.
Launched my machine with only the iLock and the eLicencer attached and the DigifaceUSB attached: Reaper starts, Nuendo starts, ProTools starts.
Launched my machine with only the iLock and the eLicencer attached and the DigifaceUSB attached; two USB3 hard drives attached to the rear USB3 ports: the computer crashed.
Launched my machine with only the iLock and the eLicencer attached and the DigifaceUSB attached; one USB3 hard drives attached to the rear USB3 port: works.
Swapped the attached hard drive with the other one: crash.
Launched the machine with a different USB3 drive attached only to the front USB3: crash.

All the hard drives were working with no problem, all of them connected at the same time.
---

Thank you.

Last edited:
Bump.
I would like to know if I have to reinstall the whole system from scratch or I can fix it somehow.
Thanks for any advice guys.
:)

----
I managed to bring back to stability, so far, getting rid of a couple of files that the driver insaller left in my libraries:

(main drive) - Library - Audio - MIDI Drivers - MADIfaceUSB3MIDIDriver.plugin
and
(main drive) - Library - Extensions - RMEFirefaceUSB.kext

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back