Contribute
Register

didii's Claire9 Haswell build: Asus Maximus VI Impact | i5-4670k | GTX 650 TI Boost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asus Maximus VI Impact
i7-4770k
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1600
Radeon 5870 HD
120GB Patriot Pyro SE for OX X
2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda LP
1x 1TB Barracuda 7200

Fully water cooled using
1x 120mm Black Ice GTX gen 2 W/ 2 x Scythe Gentle Typhoon fans
1 Black Ice GTX M160 dual 80mm rad, 2 80 mm Arctic F8 PWM fans
EK Supremacy Nickel Block
Primochill Revolver Fittings and Primochill Rigid acrylic pipe
EK 4.0 pump/res combo

All housed in the Silverstone FT03b Case

will eventually be adding a 5th drive using the m.2 SSD slot for my windows 8.1 drive...

Got it to boot without the USB, followed the EFI Partition boot seems to be working, BT/WiFi and iMessage...
NOW how to upgrade to 10.9.1 lol.... thought my install disk was up to date...guess not.

Nice build, man! :thumbup:

Yup, the EFI partition boot works, but it screwed up my windows partition. idk why tho. maybe need to install windows in the separate hard drive. Are you running windows as well, atm?

Updating to 10.9.1 is easy. Just follow Stork's guide below

Here's the step by step way to update:
:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Use the Software Update to download and install 10.9.1;
:ch: Re-boot;
:ch: Run MultiBeast v6.01+ and just select your audio driver to install;
:ch: Re-boot; and
:ch: Repair Permissions again.​

If you have TRIM enabled, it is unaffected by this update. :thumbup:

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

Nice build, man! :thumbup:

Yup, the EFI partition boot works, but it screwed up my windows partition. idk why tho. maybe need to install windows in the separate hard drive. Are you running windows as well, atm?

Not yet just making a bootable usb drive to install windows 8 to a 1gb drive until i can afford a new SSD....
btw my magic pad works but my keyboard wouldn't pair... could be my apple tv causing an error in pairing as the keyboard is paired to it atm.....

All i need to do now is get iMessage to work, and figure out how i can run my OC...
in windows had it running stable at 4.6ghz at 1.31v just not sure how to get it to run and be compatible with OSX...

Then my final update will be upgrading to a new graphics card... need a ref cooler as i don't know if i want to add the card to my loop as of now as i will need more fittings and more acrylic pipe....

Thanks again for your awesome guide up until i found it was feeling like i made a mistake going with the impact..... but now i couldn't be happier!! Now i get the best of both worlds OS X and gaming in windows! can't wait to get back into BF4

Daamn, 4.6 Ghz!! Let's see how far i can push my 4670k :mrgreen:. Still need to wait for my WC components tho.

Yeah, just copy the FileNVRAM.dylib to extra/modules to get iMessage working.

I did the update thru the software updater. everything seems to be working just fine. just need to reinstall the audio driver, and thats it

@cdnGHOST
Congrats on the built! Let us know if you get the apple keyboard paired and working.

:headbang:

Daamn, 4.6 Ghz!! Let's see how far i can push my 4670k :mrgreen:. Still need to wait for my WC components tho.

Yeah, just copy the FileNVRAM.dylib to extra/modules to get iMessage working.

I did the update thru the software updater. everything seems to be working just fine. just need to reinstall the audio driver, and thats it

Just curious... i tried the FileNVRAM.dylib but it is on my EFI partition... should i make an extra/modules on the main drive? not just the EFI part?

Once i get the keyboard to work i will let you know... btw the magic mouse and pad both work!

My hardware arrived \o/.

I've patched 1102 BIOS using PMPatch (under Windows, OSX version was throwing "Illegal operation" error).
Loaded it using USB trick: rename to M6I.CAP, put on FAT formatted USB drive, insert into bottom left port (assuming board is lying flat), turn off board, press ROG Connect for 5 seconds.

It survived 24h stress testing under Linux - http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/270704 - optimized defaults + XMP profile.

Now it's time to install OS X :)

Why would you patch a ASUS series 8 mobo when they are not locked?

I've managed to boot 10.9.1 from disk using Clover and EFI partition.

1. Install Clover to disk, selected options should be
    • Install for UEFI motherboards
    • Drivers64UEFI
      • OsxAptioFixDrv-64
      • Install RC scripts on target volume.
  2. Mount EFI Partition
  3. In EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ remove VBoxHfs-64.efi and download HFSPlus.efi instead (I did USB Clover first and this step is probably not needed on disk install)
  4. Edit EFI/CLOVER/config.plist and set all ACPI>DSDT>Fixes to "false"
  5. Put FakeSMC kext in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9/
  6. Reboot, press F8, EFI system should be visible among physical drives
  7. Enjoy :)

There is still a lot of crust on EFI partition and in config. I will publish EFI zip when I finish digging through manual and tidy it up a bit.

Why would you patch a ASUS series 8 mobo when they are not locked?

I didn't know that, thanks.

I can see on HWMonitor that PStates work almost fine. It switches between 800 and 3500 MHz, all states between are missing. Any ideas?

But how can I check current CState?

Just curious... i tried the FileNVRAM.dylib but it is on my EFI partition... should i make an extra/modules on the main drive? not just the EFI part?

Once i get the keyboard to work i will let you know... btw the magic mouse and pad both work!

Yeah, i think you need to make an extra/modules on the main drive. Because the EFI partition hidden/undetected by OSX, and iMessage won't be able to recognise it. That's just my thought, tho. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back