Motherboard
GA-H97N-WIFI
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have been using my Hackintosh with latest Mojave no problem. Today I turned on my machine and could not get even to the BIOS splash screen without entering a re-boot cycle. Reading other threads I tried moving my single 8GB DIMM to the second of two slots on my MB. This time I was able to get all the way to Clover. However, when I tried to boot all I got was the apple with no progress bar. After a minute it rebooted. In verbose I got the

End RandomSeed
++++++++++++++++++++

message that others have gotten before it reboots. "safe" and "single user" had no effect. No panic, no other messages. Fortunately I had the previous High Sierra install USB on hand. I tried using that but could not boot from the USB either. I could not get past the "End RandomSeed" message regardless of whether I chose my hard drive with the Mojave installation or chose the Install High Sierra off of the USB.

Following other threads I tried updating the Clover on the High Sierra Install USB to the latest release. Then I made sure that OsxAptioFix2Drv file was in Clover.

No change.

Thinking it might be a hardware issue, I bought a new DIMM stick. Exact same result. Boot cycle before BIOS splashscreen when placed in slot 1 and "End RandomSeed" error when placed in slot 2.

By sheer process of elimination I am beginning to think that maybe something happened to the MB. Is that even possible? Does anyone else have any ideas to troubleshoot this?

Thanks.

Attachments

• EndRandomSeed.png
    EndRandomSeed.png
    958.9 KB · Views: 46
Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile

Your symptoms point to the wrong (or missing) memory fix driver in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

I'm sorry, what aspect of my profile is incomplete? I followed you link and there did not appear to be anything I have not already included.

This would be my 19th post and no one has ever said my profile was incomplete.

Last edited:
I will google memory fix driver. Although I followed the advice on the missing OsxAptioFix2Drv file and had no success. Are there more than one "memory fix driver"? You imply as much with "wrong" driver.

I will google memory fix driver. Although I followed the advice on the missing OsxAptioFix2Drv file and had no success. Are there more than one "memory fix driver"? You imply as much with "wrong" driver.

Hi there.

Just a thought. I wonder about the fact you couldn't boot the BIOS initially. How about resetting the CMOS ? Older motheroards often suffered from CMOS resets or corruption. It doesn't seem to happen so often lately.

If this works, there is a setting in MultiBeast to help prevent it in future.

:)

This would be my 19th post and no one has ever said my profile was incomplete.
We only need three things, Motherboard, CPU and Graphics - Your score is one out of three.

We only need three things, Motherboard, CPU and Graphics - Your score is one out of three.
Weird, because I see all three. Whatever. I'v updated it now to reflect the new mobo. See below.

Last edited:
To everyone who might be interested, it did appear to be a mobo problem. I guess bank1 was compromised somehow, and without it, it had trouble reading bank2. I replaced the motherboard (no so easy because I wanted to salvage my lga1150 cpu and dimm3 memory) and it all works again without a hitch.

Interesting about the CMOS corruption. Wish I had tried that before I bought a new mobo, but you never know when it might be worth it to try on a different build. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back