Graphics
onboard
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I'm running 10.8.4 with an i3 and a gigabyte ga-z77-ds3h. Previously i had an epson stylus r380 connected and i managed to print successfully from it about a year ago. I tried to print from it about 2 days ago and my computer showed it as "offline". I tried deleting it from the list of printers in system preferences and now i am unable to re-add it. Today i tried hooking a canon mp210 up to it and it didn't even show up as "offline", it was as though there was no printer connected at all and i had no options to add any in system preferences. I'm completely lost.

Check your USB connectivity. Does each port recognize a 'named' USB flash drive?

Look in the System Report under USB. Are your other USB devices detected correctly?

Good modding,
neil

yes, the usb ports are all functioning properly

yes, the usb ports are all functioning properly

I am sorry, I thought that your epson stylus r380 was not being recognized and I had thought that it was a USB 2.0 device.

If your ports are functioning properly and the printer is being reported as off line then one or the other is the problem. I was thinking that the USB driver could be the problem.

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back